Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Seems like all we do is grumble. Or watch other people get theirs. I, like a lot of people, ordered sight unseen due to pandemic and what not. I was able to make it out to the Venice hub in December to see and touch for the first time. I put a huge amount of money (my first real stock purchase) at the time of the IPO and am waiting patiently on that while it cratered, losing 70%. I watched the tax credit almost vanish. Ive had 3 delays...just like everyone. Overall Im feeling a mix of down and anxious.

I live in an area that doesnt have a lot of Rivians. I went to Napa for the weekend and saw 7 R1Ts out on the road. The service center is right by SFO airport. Let me tell you, even though they're not mine, seeing 20 R1S and R1Ts out there, in all the different combos (there was every single color, all 3 interiors and all 5 wheels) was just awesome. I'm so glad they exist. For something that seems like vaporware, knowing they're out there, thriving...its a good thing.

And it also is going to make it harder for the 1st half 2023 from the last update. Ignore my wife jumping in front of the LG R1S. She didnt believe they existed.

Sponsored

dspwalker

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E
Occupation
Sales
Very well said!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Refreshing!!!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

The post: "I'm happy for you to get your vehicle but Rivian needs to get their act together, respect the order date, etc"..... they're getting old.

Electric619

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Nissan Leaf, Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Business Analyst
Honestly, like he said, just knowing they are out there is enough for me. I can wait for my MAX pack next year. It’s already been over two years, what’s another one.

I did make the mistake of selling my Tesla two years ago thinking I would get my truck Much sooner. Ahh… I was so young and impressionable back then… I’ve been without a vehicle for so long, I don’t know how I’ll react when my truck finally gets delivered.

Sponsored

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Yeah, on one hand it's good to hear about the issues. A lot of them are growing pains, but sounds like the Rivian team is working to address them.
The flip side of that, is they have an extraordinary vehicle with multiple innovations.

TBH I also think they also seem to have a leg up on customer service, for a startup.

In viewing the local upcoming service center it seemed like that had a lot of perks for their staff in the building. That was notable to me. Speaks to the culture of the company.

While it's a bit of a wait still for the maxpack, I'm confident and excited. By this time next year hopefully having a summer of fun under my belt with an R1T

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I love the Rivian culture. Everyone seems to enjoy their gig and they seem to be very responsive. All of my e-mail inquiries and chat sessions have been positive and helpful.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I agree that there is a tendency to grumble and as the saying goes, "bad news travels fast". I do appreciate how Rivian has matured since their formal public launch from Thanksgiving week 2018.

The notion of how vehicles are delivered by location, configuration, and your spot in line in the reservations list is still somewhat disappointing.

I think this forum and RivianStories are one of the better venues to having a pulse on Rivian's path to success.

For reservation holders approaching four years waiting and seeing other reservation holders with less than a year waiting fuels the gumbleness. As an R1S reservation holder I am being patient as I see my configurations being delivered to others. And without a guide assigned yet, it heightens that anxiety.

I am still being patient about this, I could have had an R1T by now, but decided to hold out for the R1S. In 2019, if memory serves me right, I thought regardless of our selection of R1T or R1S, they were going to call us to confirm. What I am assuming is now happening...they are just going down the R1T line and now the R1S line, because I never heard from Rivian which vehicle/configuration I wanted.

I am still 95% happy, optimistic, and patient.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Honestly, like he said, just knowing they are out there is enough for me. I can wait for my MAX pack next year. It’s already been over two years, what’s another one.
I hear this. My current truck has 234,000 miles and has needed several costly repairs to the fuel system in the past year. Just hoping I can keep it going until my Rivian w/Max pack becomes available. Otherwise going to have to buy another ICE truck as a stop-gap. Really want my next vehicle to be an EV (from Rivian or any other EV truck). Rivian, let's gooooo! 🤣🤣

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
Seems like all we do is grumble. Or watch other people get theirs. I, like a lot of people, ordered sight unseen due to pandemic and what not. I was able to make it out to the Venice hub in December to see and touch for the first time. I put a huge amount of money (my first real stock purchase) at the time of the IPO and am waiting patiently on that while it cratered, losing 70%. I watched the tax credit almost vanish. Ive had 3 delays...just like everyone. Overall Im feeling a mix of down and anxious.

I live in an area that doesnt have a lot of Rivians. I went to Napa for the weekend and saw 7 R1Ts out on the road. The service center is right by SFO airport. Let me tell you, even though they're not mine, seeing 20 R1S and R1Ts out there, in all the different combos (there was every single color, all 3 interiors and all 5 wheels) was just awesome. I'm so glad they exist. For something that seems like vaporware, knowing they're out there, thriving...its a good thing.

And it also is going to make it harder for the 1st half 2023 from the last update. Ignore my wife jumping in front of the LG R1S. She didnt believe they existed.

Waiting is tuff for sure. But you will be so glad you did. The truck is no less than a magnificent and stunning powerhouse!

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Couldn’t agree more! Of course I want my truck, but I am content waiting both because there were lots of people who reserved in front of me, but also because Rivian is constantly working on improving the product through software updates and other fixes like a new tonneau design. So I know when I do get my truck it will be even better than the ones who rolled out of the factory first. Can’t ask for much more than that.

And I can also live vicariously through all of the great stories and pics of current owners!

Last edited:

EMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV-4
Occupation
retired

I did make the mistake of selling my Tesla two years ago thinking I would get my truck Much sooner. Ahh… I was so young and impressionable back then… I’ve been without a vehicle for so long, I don’t know how I’ll react when my truck finally gets delivered.
We sold our 2013 Tesla almost 2 years ago thinking our R1S was just around the corner. Great test for having just one car, but we're more than ready for our Rivian.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

We sold our 2013 Tesla almost 2 years ago thinking our R1S was just around the corner. Great test for having just one car, but we're more than ready for our Rivian.
Just make sure there's room in the garage.

EMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV-4
Occupation
retired
We measured to make sure we could fit an R1T and R1S. Doable, if tight, but no longer necessary.