First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
My daughter's furry friend is bigger than all of your furry friends put together. But he will have to ride in the trailer, behind the R1T.
JacksonXmas.jpg
I have one of those plus a dog and parrot. !

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Bill, My wife rides and shows most of the warm weekends of the year. What are your plans for charging with horses in the trailer? It's my one and only really, really big worry about the Rivian or any EV truck for that matter. I feel like the trailer is most likely going to have to be detached and the horses unloaded while the truck is charging. It's a less than ideal maneuver near a highway or Walmart parking lot on a hot summer day.

IMG_1541.jpg
We have never taken the horse more than 50-60 miles from home, so hope to not have to deal with that. I am holding out for the Max Pack, because of my trailer towing. We also have a boat and the normal weekend trip is 35 miles one way, but we have another lake we go to occasionally that is 70 miles one way. With the Max Pack and assuming 50% range reduction worst case, those should be doable without charging. But living in Phoenix we already have several DFDCs in operation or being built, that I could use. For example two of the places my daughter has done horse shows, have a DFDC within a couple miles, so I could leave the horse and trailer there and pick up a quick charge and come back.

Sponsored

StormyKnight

First Name
Stormy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt / Silverado Hybrid
We have never taken the horse more than 50-60 miles from home, so hope to not have to deal with that. I am holding out for the Max Pack, because of my trailer towing. We also have a boat and the normal weekend trip is 35 miles one way, but we have another lake we go to occasionally that is 70 miles one way. With the Max Pack and assuming 50% range reduction worst case, those should be doable without charging. But living in Phoenix we already have several DFDCs in operation or being built, that I could use. For example two of the places my daughter has done horse shows, have a DFDC within a couple miles, so I could leave the horse and trailer there and pick up a quick charge and come back.
We're in northern Michigan and charging stations are pretty sparse and probably will be for the foreseeable future. The closest is 138miles from our home and the closest horse show is 10 miles further down the road. My wife has traveled as far as Texas trailering them. Of course I'm holding out for the Max Pack but am going to see how others are faring towing before I commit.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
I asked the mods to open up an off-topic forum so that we can get to know each other outside of the vehicle-specific areas.

So, I'll get us started. Let's see some pictures of those co-pilots!

Here's Simon. 2ish year-old rescue from the shelter I volunteer at. Maybe some Red Heeler, Dachshund, Rat Terrier? Who knows, but he's insane and adorable.

20200126_111002.jpg
Definitely Heeler! I'd say Heeler-Staffy and call it good. ❤?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Here’s our two R1S stowaways. The R1S will have so much more space for them than the folded-down backseat of our Model 3.

Both of them are rescues so your guess is as good as ours when it comes to their breeds.

Charlee and Murphy
Obviously part awesome, part love! The only parts that matter❤?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Love the scarf!
Please tell me the pup's name is Doppio too! Now if it were only part Italian Grayhound it's be even better! Mille Grazzie! ?❤?✌

Sponsored

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
These two goobers are the reason why I’ve switched from the R1T to the R1S. I’m thinking they’ll enjoy the increase in space compared to the Model Y.

5.5 year old yellow lab named Agera
1 year old golden retriever named Wilson

C94130FF-A2EB-47AA-9DC9-7D27F5A380A7.jpeg
Total. Goobers. ?✌❤?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
IMG_20190131_175447.jpg

The best brothers, Marty and Finn. Both total mutts. Marty came from the Navajo Reservation in New Mexico, Finn was surrendered to the local shelter here in Wyoming (along with his littermates) because one of his original family's other dogs bowled over one of their toddlers.

They love riding in the car with my wife and me, looking forward to lots of trips into the mountains, forests, and deserts our future R1T
Nope, they don't love each one bit! Super obvious. ??✌❤?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
- The Prius Pack -
(Front to Back)
Forest Ranger - 4 year old Retriever/Hound Rescued from a Dumpster in San Antonio TX

Thor - The mighty 3 year old Blue Heeler - posh purebred from Libby, MT.

Gabi - aka Princess aka 'Cranky Ol' Lady' 13 year old Basenji-mix from the streets of
Guinea, West Africa when my Wife was in Peace Corps.

Bring on the space in the R1T. ?✌❤? Ten bucks says they'll all huddle in one seat even with the added space!!! ???

Rivian R1T R1S Which furry friend will be riding in your Rivian? 2019_Photobook_iPhone-0600
Sponsored

Last edited: