Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I think they could have a repair facility, just not deliver vehicles from there, but maybe that isn't right. Baltimore would be good too to get the central portion of the state if it has to be outside the border.

Also now the original DC area location (Rockville) is closed, and PA is serviced by Brooklyn, Richmond or Cleveland. I had the spare tire delivered, and that came from mobile service in Cleveland. It's a real mess.
I agree it is a real mess if Cleveland or Richmond are covering Delaware. Parts of southern New Jersey or SE PA. Five plus hours for delivery or servicing is just grossly inefficient. They knew the volumes they were expecting and should have planned better.
Sponsored

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
I agree, though I would prefer Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg. My truck is in Brooklyn now, and I am having separation anxiety.
Yes Harrisburg would actually be closer for me too. But I hope once I get mine I don't need an SC!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I think they could have a repair facility, just not deliver vehicles from there, but maybe that isn't right.
At this point in Rivians life it may not be worth it to open a repair facility that cannot deliver trucks also, regardless of the laws. If they could, and did, I would guess something around Amazon delivery centers might be a good candidate, once van deliveries start to that area. Although it’s possible the plans are for van maintenance to be done on site specifically for their vans. Obviously I’m not looking forward to getting service done in Brooklyn once I finally get a truck, 136 miles each way, which likely means I’ll have to stop and charge if I drive there and home. But I’m sure Rivians next site will be determined by the number of sales in a geographical area, or if one service center seems overloaded compared to others. Harrisburg is centrally located for the state, but I would guess they would either go closer to a populations center, or less likely, a district that would swing a politicians vote to change the law.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Any word on the Pensacola FL location on the IPO Map? Pensacola is about 1.5hrs away from my location and would be the closest. Otherwise I will have to do the Orlando trek 5-6 hrs away. Pensacola is also the closest Tesla Service Center which I have had to go to a couple of times for my Model 3 (minor stuff). My R1S delivery window still seems to be Late 2023 as I have had no word since the last delivery updates 8 months ago. Hopefully a Pensacola location will be up and running by then.
Actually from Santa Rosa Beach to Orlando is right at 400 miles. Atlanta is 100 miles closer at 300 miles from here.

Brian

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Tesla can sell in PA with no dealerships (in fact they just took over an old Land Rover site in West Chester), so why can’t Rivian?

Sponsored

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

Tesla can sell in PA with no dealerships (in fact they just took over an old Land Rover site in West Chester), so why can’t Rivian?
i just looked up Penn law and automakers like Tesla and Rivian are allowed 5 sales stores in the state. Any more stores would have to be merely “Showcase” locations where sales cannot directly take place. So it looks like Rivian would be able to open 5 stores in Pennsylvania.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

i just looked up Penn law and automakers like Tesla and Rivian are allowed 5 sales stores in the state. Any more stores would have to be merely “Showcase” locations where sales cannot directly take place. So it looks like Rivian would be able to open 5 stores in Pennsylvania.
My understanding was Tesla was grandfathered into five but no other EV manufacturers can open shop in PA unfortunately.

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

so i was at the Miami, FL service center today, super nice guys there btw. the inside had 4 or 5 vehicles they were working on including one getting the battery pack replaced. They had 9 R1T's waiting for delivery, they did confirm 4 R1S's have been delivered from there already. Spoke with one of the advisors who told me as of a week or so ago, just over 150 total R1 delivered in south FL and just 450 in the entire state of FL. he said its crazy that much and outside of the SC he doesnt really run into any, i thought the same, I have only run into 2 of them.

lmr

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat B7, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Technical Product Management
Clubs

Nice! Any idea how the SW 1st AV location is coming along?
Looks like City of Portland finally issued the Commercial Building Permit for the 1st Ave location, on September 29th, one year + a day after the processed was started back in September of last year.

Hopefully we will start seeing some real progress over there now..

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Any other news on additional service centers? There had been talk of 40 of them and we are stuck around 20 plus one hub a year after opening the first locations.

Sponsored

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
Same story with North Jersey (NEWARK)so Brooklyn 2 hours away on a good day with $70 in tolls alone.

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
Any other news on additional service centers? There had been talk of 40 of them and we are stuck around 20 plus one hub a year after opening the first locations.
The Chicago SC appears to be very active and there are a boatload, probably 20 R1T's there awaiting delivery as well as 3 or 4 R1S. Both parking lots there are full. SC appears to be fully staffed as well

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

The Chicago SC appears to be very active and there are a boatload, probably 20 R1T's there awaiting delivery as well as 3 or 4 R1S. Both parking lots there are full. SC appears to be fully staffed as well
Good to know another one open.

AsianPersuasian

First Name
SuperDave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The tech that serviced my recall said that Tampa, FL is definitely getting a service center for those wondering on another thread I read a few weeks ago

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
My understanding was Tesla was grandfathered into five but no other EV manufacturers can open shop in PA unfortunately.
accurate, this also applies to service.

For instance; Tesla cannot conduct vehicle inspections on only Teslas in the State of PA. If they want to offer state inspections services for Tesla, its my understand they have to offer them for all other vehicles as well. As such, they don't do them at all.
Sponsored