Sponsored

Real Rivian Photos & Videos

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Is it just me or does Rivian seem to literally be taking the wraps off? It seems like we're starting to see more pictures of vehicles without the graphic wraps. Could this be symbolic? Or perhaps just a lot more vehicles hitting the street? Either way hopefully we'll start to see more pics of the various paint colors in the wild.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Is it just me or does Rivian seem to literally be taking the wraps off? It seems like we're starting to see more pictures of vehicles without the graphic wraps. Could this be symbolic? Or perhaps just a lot more vehicles hitting the street? Either way hopefully we'll start to see more pics of the various paint colors in the wild.
Perhaps both. Wraps cost time and money -- both that can be better spent elsewhere.

Most manufacturers use wraps to mask some body lines and hide the vehicle from detailed analysis by competitors and the media. Rivian used that conventional practice and mixed it up by using "cool" wraps which I think was a great marketing move. It helps the vehicles get noticed as something special.

Other's have speculated that the wraps were to cover up paint issues. If true, it's possible Rivian has sorted out those paint shop problems, as well.

Personally, I think the wraps were excellent, but I'm also excited to see more real-world spotting of painted Rivian's. Especially with the pandemic and an inability to see them at shows or test drive, it's important to see lots of examples of the paint, in real-world settings, to inform our purchase decisions.

I hope we start to see more production colors -- not just the greens and blue.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Seems that way. This particular truck was wearing that white and blue Dr. Seuss looking wrap in earlier photos of it. Nice to see it unwrapped.

Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Also from @rivianfanclub on Instagram - here's a limestone one that I had not seen yet posted. Between this and the Rivian blue from above, hopefully we start to see more of the production colors in the wild!

Edit - just saw that this is from Long Way Up. Oops. Leaving here, though, just in case anyone had missed it.

Rivian R1T R1S Real Rivian Photos & Videos 1612532507821

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
It's just dawned on me that Rivian is missing an important testing opportunity.... Sure they've test in the extreme cold of the North around Chicago, out West in Colorado, and Wyoming.(they've even been seen in Canada). They've tested in extreme heat in the Death Valley. I have yet to see a single one tested in the beautiful mild winter climate of Central Texas.... Exactly how do we know the vehicle is going to perform properly at 72 degrees and sunny in February.... I am very concerned.... :CWL::CWL::facepalm:

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Also from @rivianfanclub on Instagram - here's a limestone one that I had not seen yet posted. Between this and the Rivian blue from above, hopefully we start to see more of the production colors in the wild!

Edit - just saw that this is from Long Way Up. Oops. Leaving here, though, just in case anyone had missed it.

1612532507821.png
Yeah, and since that is from Long Way Up it's probably not the Limestone color (I seem to recall someone reporting CS stating this vehicle was similar in color but not Limestone).

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It's just dawned on me that Rivian is missing an important testing opportunity.... Sure they've test in the extreme cold of the North around Chicago, out West in Colorado, and Wyoming.(they've even been seen in Canada). They've tested in extreme heat in the Death Valley. I have yet to see a single one tested in the beautiful mild winter climate of Central Texas.... Exactly how do we know the vehicle is going to perform properly at 72 degrees and sunny in February.... I am very concerned.... :CWL::CWL::facepalm:
If anyone from Rivian is reading this, hit me up & I'll get you some Texas exposure!!!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

If anyone from Rivian is reading this, hit me up & I'll get you some Texas exposure!!!

Likewise for DC Drivers, I can test your Driver+ as people around here are horrible at Driving!

LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.18.25 AM.png

Thanks @hong_quan for posting (also on @rivianfanclub on insta). Spotted in San Francisco
This makes me question the blue color. I love it in most pictures, but that back is very teal... I have to see it in person before I decide.

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
This makes me question the blue color. I love it in most pictures, but that back is very teal... I have to see it in person before I decide.
I actually thought it looked pretty smurfy at first, but then saw it at Mill Valley and both my wife and I thought it looked much better in person. That said, we are doing El Cap and White. Still a bit too bright of a blue for me