Sponsored

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Not to be a downer, but check out that arm rest while they were talking about "fit and finish"
?

2021-01-12_08-43.png

...I'm sure all this will be resolved in the next 6 months. I'm happy with the delivery delays if this is the stuff they're finding and fixing in the pre-prod vehicles.
Those are clearly built in arm massagers.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Newer builds are awesome!

Anyone else think the movement of the latch mechanism to the door side of the gear tunnel is a little odd? Seems like something to get caught on and/or make it awkward to sit on it and gear up

70ED6263-7511-4DF5-98A5-6DAA066E7DE2.jpeg

4DA4CCD8-01C8-4834-BC12-CE051FA86AA2.jpeg
That was a good catch. No pun intended.

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Those are clearly built in arm massagers.
I'm impressed! It took me 25 years to get the doors in my convertible to do that! Joking aside, I, too love how impressed David was with the fit and finish, as well as the ride. I can't imagine how much of an adventure the entire crew had making the film. Like all of you, I'm looking forward to making many great adventures in the years to come. June can't get here soon enough! My calendar shows today as "March 318, 2020"....

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Regardless, near-final interior looks pretty sharp even if there's one defect in this pre-pro.
Yes, issues at this stage are to be expected. We can add this to the issue with the panel gap between the hood and driver's side fender.

Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I think it looks phenomenal!

Yeah the armrest door skin separation is a minor thing, but I think the R1T is only getting better with time! Exciting!

Questions...

1. So it's the Launch Green, with a Matte Black wrap? The interior does look dark green to me (headliner also lighter then black/black option online), so forest green interior?

2. The speaker grill (Meridian), anyone see that the mesh door pocket holder appears fixed in place. Like it's imbedded into the grill. So the rear door pockets aren't removable? Not that it's a huge deal.

3. So the stereo ceiling speakers lead me to believe that the R1T is the Adventure trim level, but the mirror caps are gloss black. Doesn't the Adventure pack change the caps to a body color match? I noticed this because I've always had my mirror caps painted gloss black aftermarket on my vehicles. If you go explorer trim (black caps), the interior options (color and stereo) aren't available.

All and all that extra piece of trim or "armor" on the bottom is a really good look. It's incredible how something so subtle can make such a big visual difference. I really do like it. I can't say it enough though the matte wrap is the best-looking thing I've seen on the R1T.

Looks like my color choice is made... Wonder how much something like that will cost ??

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I think it looks phenomenal!

Yeah the armrest door skin separation is a minor thing, but I think the R1T is only getting better with time! Exciting!

Questions...

1. So it's the Launch Green, with a Matte Black wrap? The interior does look dark green to me (headliner also lighter then black/black option online), so forest green interior?

2. The speaker grill (Meridian), anyone see that the mesh door pocket holder appears fixed in place. Like it's imbedded into the grill. So the rear door pockets aren't removable? Not that it's a huge deal.

3. So the stereo ceiling speakers lead me to believe that the R1T is the Adventure trim level, but the mirror caps are gloss black. Doesn't the Adventure pack change the caps to a body color match? I noticed this because I've always had my mirror caps painted gloss black aftermarket on my vehicles. If you go explorer trim (black caps), the interior options (color and stereo) aren't available.

All and all that extra piece of trim or "armor" on the bottom is a really good look. It's incredible how something so subtle can make such a big visual difference. I really do like it. I can't say it enough though the matte wrap is the best-looking thing I've seen on the R1T.

Looks like my color choice is made... Wonder how much something like that will cost ??
At about the 3:56 mark David mentioned it's exactly 1 year (within a day or two) of them receiving the vehicles down in South America. We know from "Long Way Up" that they started that trip in September of 2019. So I believe this was actually filmed in September of 2020. So this makes me believe a couple of things. First I now think this one is a slightly earlier prototype than we may have originally thought. With that said I think it's more likely Forest Green Color under the wrap with the Forest Edge interior. It's also very possible they were still mixing options in the builds while they figured out exactly what would be included in each package. So some Adventure options and some Explorer options prior to those being locked down.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
At about the 3:56 mark David mentioned it's exactly 1 year (within a day or two) of them receiving the vehicles down in South America. We know from "Long Way Up" that they started that trip in September of 2019. So I believe this was actually filmed in September of 2020. So this makes me believe a couple of things. First I now think this one is a slightly earlier prototype than we may have originally thought. With that said I think it's more likely Forest Green Color under the wrap with the Forest Edge interior. It's also very possible they were still mixing options in the builds while they figured out exactly what would be included in each package. So some Adventure options and some Explorer options prior to those being locked down.
The matte black R1T sighting images that predated this are pretty recent. They're just approximating. Also I thought Gase corrected to year and a half.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
The matte black R1T sighting images that predated this are pretty recent. They're just approximating. Also I thought Gase corrected to year and a half.
Early in the video they discussed year and a half but I took that to mean they probably took 6 months to build the prototypes for Long Way Up. So started building them in April of 2019 and delivered in September. It was late in the video when Gase brings out the engineering team at the end of the drive that David talks about it being almost exactly a year since delivery. Who knows, I could be wrong but taking the video as a whole it seemed plausible that the year and a half was from inception of the project and year was referencing the beginning of the Long Way Up trip.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Early in the video they discussed year and a half but I took that to mean they probably took 6 months to build the prototypes for Long Way Up. So started building them in April of 2019 and delivered in September. It was late in the video when Gase brings out the engineering team at the end of the drive that David talks about it being almost exactly a year since delivery. Who knows, I could be wrong but taking the video as a whole it seemed plausible that the year and a half was from inception of the project and year was referencing the beginning of the Long Way Up trip.
Long Way Up began filming in Sept 2019. IIRC, they built the prototypes crazy fast. I think it was two months.
Sponsored