Sponsored

Ford & Solid State Batteries

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
It Ford comes out with solid state batteries that charge 2 to 3 times quicker, cost less, and have a higher energy density, they may really have a leg up on everyone in the market. I would have to go with an electric F150 over the Rivian unless Rivian shows they can service their vehicles and provide a charging network.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/04/1...look-out-solid-state-ev-batteries-are-coming/
Sponsored

azjohnny

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D Toyota Tundra
I have no confidence in Ford coming up with any electrical innovation on their own, good thing they have deep pockets

:p

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Ford just announced 7000 layoffs and is going to focus on Autonomous driving and electric. With Rivian's platform on the refreshed Ranger things will get real interesting. The F150 is too big for my needs.I'm still leaning to the R1T.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
size matters - the F-150 is too big for me also. R1T size works. I'm hoping the Ford investment in Rivian will come with tech sharing - Ford to share the solid state battery (if this pans out soon) and Rivian to share skateboard tech. They are not direct competitors after all due to vehicle size and intended audience, IMHO.

azjohnny

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D Toyota Tundra
size matters - the F-150 is too big for me also. R1T size works. I'm hoping the Ford investment in Rivian will come with tech sharing - Ford to share the solid state battery (if this pans out soon) and Rivian to share skateboard tech. They are not direct competitors after all due to vehicle size and intended audience, IMHO.
R1T is bigger than you think. It has the same wheel base as an F-150

Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Ford is just one one of many investors. I have been hearing about this battery type for a while now. I hope the tech comes to fruition soon. It would be a game changer.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
R1T is bigger than you think. It has the same wheel base as an F-150
Depends on which F150 as there are a dozen or so configurations - various cab sizes, various bed lengths, etc. Also, if @fastwheels is concerned about length then I would think he would want to look at overall vehicle length and not wheelbase. With the R1T overall length at 215" (wheelbase 136") only the 2019 F150 XL 4WD Reg Cab 6.5' Box has a shorter overall length at 209". All other 2019 F150 models are longer.

(solid state batteries) It would be a game changer.
No doubt!

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
you are correct, I am primarily looking at overall length, and if overall length stays at the 215" I have seen, it is only 3" longer than my Canyon which I can live with. Most of the full size trucks are quite a bit longer than that...
Sponsored