First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It’s hard to tell, but it appears to be doing that with the stock AT tires, wheels. Gotta love Rivian owners’ sense of adventure:muscle:

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
Now that is funny! Having grown up on a farm, I was taken by my parents to many tractor pull competitions in my youth, mainly because a farmer uncle had designed a tractor pull sled that was commonly used in our area. I hated the outrageously loud noise of the modified tractors and trucks and swore I'd never go to a pull as an adult, which I haven't. I really have to wonder what the people at that tractor pull event thought to see (but not hear) a Rivian storming down the track pulling a sled!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Now how strenuous is that on the drive train????

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Now that is funny! Having grown up on a farm, I was taken by my parents to many tractor pull competitions in my youth, mainly because a farmer uncle had designed a tractor pull sled that was commonly used in our area. I hated the outrageously loud noise of the modified tractors and trucks and swore I'd never go to a pull as an adult, which I haven't. I really have to wonder what the people at that tractor pull event thought to see (but not hear) a Rivian storming down the track pulling a sled!
When I was a kid I relentlessly begged my parents to take me to a tractor pull and all I remember is that it was so loud it scared me and I never went to another one:giggle:

Sponsored

Virusert

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda civic
Occupation
taxi driver
Tractor pulls are always a blast to watch, and I bet the combination of Rivian's cutting-edge electric technology and the raw strength of a tractor pull sled made for a thrilling spectacle. It's fantastic to see how electric vehicles are continually proving themselves in various domains, from everyday commuting to intense tasks like this.

If you're as intrigued by machinery and cool events as I am, you should definitely check out machinerydealer.co.uk. They've got updates on the latest happenings in the industry. I often find myself lost in their collection of machinery, dreaming about all the possibilities!

Last edited:

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

In my lifetime, tractor pulling has always been a cutting edge competition, particularly in the classes that require the original tractor engine block. In the antique classes, the tricks and techniques to "bore" and "stroke" the engines to the absolute maximum are incredible. And the top engine builders command big $$$. In the turbocharged diesel classes, the power they can deliver (for a few seconds) is incredible. Here's an old photo of my favorite "super stock" tractor from the early '70's. Before the days of side shields that totally hide the engine, this guy was notorious for adding extra hoses and "junk" that did nothing ... to confuse his competitors who studied his tractor to discover how he was so successful. But somewhere behind all that "junk" is the original Minneapolis-Moline 6-cylinder engine (not turbocharged from the factory).
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian pulling a tractor pull sled Tractor pull JUNK
Sponsored