Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Rivian R1T R1S Launch Edition R1T & R1S get 20" black wheel option Rivian Launch Edition Black Wheels R1T R1S

To be honest, a black version of the regular A/T is more my preference, as opposed to those black wheels. But I have rattle canned plenty of wheels, and don't mind doing it again.
Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
You pay the entire price for the black and not the price difference from the free LE wheel upgrade?

OP
OP

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
You pay the entire price for the black and not the price difference from the free LE wheel upgrade?
It sure looks that way... You lose the "free upgrade" aspect of the non-21s. It does make me wonder if it was a mistake.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I just reconfigured my LE to include the black 20" wheels and the total price is indeed $3500 more.

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Seems probable they just forgot to add it in as free for the Launch Edition. Something to ask a CS rep at some point

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Seems probable they just forgot to add it in as free for the Launch Edition. Something to ask a CS rep at some point
I don't expect it to be free, but just the $1,700 over the upgrade cost of the silver wheels and not the entire $3,500 bump for the black wheel upgrade

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
So how do you safely update your configuration? I'm scared to loose my LE.
Once you don’t change model you should be ok. Select ”update configuration“ and just make sure you keep launch edition selected then Make the other changes.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Dang, that sucks that are charging full freight and not just the different between the 20” black vs. std. When I had my config as white, I REALLY wanted the black wheels. But I’ve since switched it to limestone and the std 20” don’t look as bad with that. So I’ll probably stick with the std unless they change it to where you only pay the difference.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I might just have the wheels painted. I know the dark wheels are a different style so I will have to get a better look of the silver 20" to know if it is even worth that cost. There appears to be some sort of plastic center piece on the 20".

Rivian R1T R1S Launch Edition R1T & R1S get 20" black wheel option 1608469377658

Last edited:

szimmer624

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee Summit - Hemi, Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
Occupation
Self-Employed
I don't expect it to be free, but just the $1,700 over the upgrade cost of the silver wheels and not the entire $3,500 bump for the black wheel upgrade
I agree with you. I’m really disappointed by this. I was fully prepared to pay betwee $1700-2000 for the dark rims, but full price negates one of the LE perks.
I know we all asked for the dark rims to be an option, but this seems like a bit of a middle finger to the early adopters.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I agree with you. I’m really disappointed by this. I was fully prepared to pay betwee $1700-2000 for the dark rims, but full price negates one of the LE perks.
I know we all asked for the dark rims to be an option, but this seems like a bit of a middle finger to the early adopters.
Yes I agree Scott...should be at most $1700 to upgrade to the blacked-out wheels for LE. This has got to be a mistake on Rivian's part...Maybe we should all fire off an email to customer support and bring this to their attention. ([email protected]). With the 22's for instance, I could just order the free silver ones and probably pay $3500 for four additional black ones later and have 8 wheels total...it just doesn't make sense. Heck, I can have the free upgraded LE wheels gloss black power coated for around a $1000.
Sponsored