Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Power flex seems to title each image by the company where they installed, I’m guessing these are at one of Rivian”s own offices. I also doubt this is part of RAN since power flex installed them and they are level 2.

OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Power flex seems to title each image by the company where they installed, I’m guessing these are at one of Rivian”s own offices. I also doubt this is part of RAN since power flex installed them and they are level 2.
Very good point. Didn't think about that.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Always to nice to see such signs of progress and know our future Rivians are for real!
Cannot say that about a lot of new-brand EVs that seem to fade away quite often.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Based on the photos - Distant Palms, Eucalyptus and possibly Pepper trees in the Parking Lot, scrubby water-friendly industrial park ground cover foliage, and the recent news about the not-so-stealthy Amazon Test Truck tooling around Irvine, CA area...my $$$ is on these images being shot in Irvine, or Carson CA. lol :cool: What these photos mean, could be us blowing something simple waaaay out of proportion. Maybe they're just finally getting in their own branded L2 chargers for Rivian Employees at their sites for commuting and/or testing purposes assuming everyone is not WFH?!?

Also, pure speculation is that Irvine to Carson would be a solid 35-ish mile delivery route testing zone in and around city, coastal, and suburban SoCal. I may represent the PNW since 2001, but I was born and raised in SoCal.

And it's Friday and I'm rambling...so... yeah. :like:

Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Those chargers are clipper creek chargers with Rivian stickers on them. Good choice. I’d buy that for my garage as long as that sticker didn’t cost me more.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Those chargers are clipper creek chargers with Rivian stickers on them. Good choice. I’d buy that for my garage as long as that sticker didn’t cost me more.
Any news of ClipperCreek being bought by Rivian or at least a partnership ?

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Any news of ClipperCreek being bought by Rivian or at least a partnership ?
If I were to guess, any partnership would be with Enel X (Juicebox) as they worked with them on Long Way Up. Who knows if they were planning anything further than that though.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
If I were to guess, any partnership would be with Enel X (Juicebox) as they worked with them on Long Way Up. Who knows if they were planning anything further than that though.
Easy on the Spoilers j/k lol ? can't wait to binge it on an Apple TV trial. We enjoyed the other Long Way Adventures over the years. Saw the interview with Charlie and a Livewire on Fully charged where they said they built a charging network on the way up. Makes sense it's EnelX being that they are a huge energy company internationally. I believe primarily in most of South America and Italy?!? I dig my JuiceBox Pro40. Got it just before they rebranded to Enel X last year. ?✌

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer

Mark K

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Volt
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a Juicebox kit when the company was new. The device has been working well for 5 years providing Level 2 charging for my Volt.
When I assembled the kit I had some trouble understanding the instructions but the developer responded to my questions and I was able to get it working.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
This is a long read, but if you scroll down near the end, it has the specs for the RAN chargers going in Salida, CO.

https://mccmeetings.blob.core.usgov...T-Packet-ade3b33e464044ea98ee127dc2a159a2.pdf

There will be 4 300KW DFDCs and 4 L2 chargers, It looks like initially only the L2 chargers will be for the general public.
For those who are interested in what the RAN chargers will look like, open the link and go to Page 144. It is marked Confidential, Do not distribute, so I will not copy them to this forum. It seems the government (Salida, CO) published them anyway.

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
For those who are interested in what the RAN chargers will look like, open the link and go to Page 144. It is marked Confidential, Do not distribute, so I will not copy them to this forum. It seems the government (Salida, CO) published them anyway.
That’s a nice little buried find. Looks like a proposed home/wall EVSE on page 145 as well.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
That’s a nice little buried find. Looks like a proposed home/wall EVSE on page 145 as well.
I started with the WA State .gov page and I'm pretty sure that's a dead end. So in an effort to find this public information one would need to scour random City or County websites for what appear to be local government meeting minutes such as these for the plans?

Thoughts?!?! ?
Sponsored