Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos IMG_0885

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Just picked it up this morning.
IMG_0884.jpeg

Great shots. You're seriously making me wonder about changing config from ElCap to Limestone. Basically Dark Gray to Light Gray.

*if R1S would just show up, I wouldn't have these competing thoughts*

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Great shots. You're seriously making me wonder about changing config from ElCap to Limestone. Basically Dark Gray to Light Gray.

*if R1S would just show up, I wouldn't have these competing thoughts*
I think I've officially switched from the RB gang to Limestone. I wanted a lighter color since my current vehicle is pretty much the same color as El Cap, but didn't want it to be too bright and stand out too much. I figure there are many compact SUVs and vehicles with a similar to Limestone color. Who knows, at the end of the day if I ever get a shop invite I'll probably take any color besides black, red/orange or rorange, or yellow.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I think I've officially switched from the RB gang to Limestone. I wanted a lighter color since my current vehicle is pretty much the same color as El Cap, but didn't want it to be too bright and stand out too much. I figure there are many compact SUVs and vehicles with a similar to Limestone color. Who knows, at the end of the day if I ever get a shop invite I'll probably take any color besides black, red/orange or rorange, or yellow.
I was an El Cap preorder for 3 years. Always admired the Limestone. When I received access to the R1 Shop I chose the Limestone, because my F250 is dark metallic gray.

Sponsored

89hoya

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ram 1500, 2019 Model 3, 1995 Bronco
Limestone R1T with bed of mulch.

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos IMG_0903

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was an El Cap preorder for 3 years. Always admired the Limestone. When I received access to the R1 Shop I chose the Limestone, because my F250 is dark metallic gray.

I think this is what will make the decision as my current config sits it's El Cap. Assuming I get shop access prior...who knows... I'll go with Limestone or a few other colors I don't mind. My fear specifically to Limestone is too "bright" in direct light for my tastes. I do continue to see good shots of it where it picks up its surroundings so I'm continuing with an open mind. My dilemma summed up in a picture: The front shaded region I love, the middle and rear in direct sunlight less so.

Rivian R1T R1S LIMESTONE R1T Photos 1657028564211

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
My dilemma summed up in a picture: The front shaded region I love, the middle and rear in direct sunlight less so.
Have you seen a Limestone R1T in person?

The color in person looks completely different than in any pictures I've seen posted. For some reason digital cameras are not picking up the color well. It's as if the camera software is over correcting the images. I was worried that limestone would look too blue (that's what I see in pics). It definitely changes based on the intensity of the sun. There is a lot of metal flake in the paint. Happily it is not "too blue", it's very different and I like it.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Have you seen a Limestone R1T in person?

The color in person looks completely different than in any pictures I've seen posted. For some reason digital cameras are not picking up the color well. It's as if the camera software is over correcting the images. I was worried that limestone would look too blue (that's what I see in pics). It definitely changes based on the intensity of the sun. There is a lot of metal flake in the paint. Happily it is not "too blue", it's very different and I like it.

I haven't seen in person no, but am aware of the blue shift from cameras. Using less than technical terms as I'm not a professional in this space, I'm not concerned with the specific hue it's more so the "pop" in direct sunlight.

Last edited:

Bradyb23

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
102K 2014 Highlander; former Tesla Model 3 lessor
Hey all. First post! I'm on the waitlist and don't expect my number to come up for a long, long time.... Anyway, thanks for posting that picture of the Limestone! Been thinking a lot about this color. It looks non-metallic to me, but someone noted lots of metal flakes. Can someone confirm if this is metallic or not? Thanks!!
Sponsored