Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

bemulligan

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
The Polestar shuts off the AC as soon as the driver opens their door and lifts themselves off the seat. I find it kind of annoying if I am just getting out of the car to start a charge (and so do my passengers).
Yep, I can see how this can vary depending on how you use the vehicle, your climate, etc. This should be a setting we call set the way we like.
Sponsored

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
Be realistic….

For me:

My biggest gripe is the Alexa integration, more specifically Amazon music. It’s very buggy.

My air vents behave a bit strange, it appears they do not remain the same position I leave them in when I return to the car-despite the settings on the screen remaining the same.

I also wouldn’t mind a discrete prompt when opening the drivers door to leave the vehicle “running, while locked the keep it cool, inside. Without having to do so from the phone app.

The windows work fine, but the auto-down, auto up isn’t terribly intuitive imho. Wouldn’t mind them being a bit quicker too.
Agreed on the air vents. Also, it seems impossible to turn off defrost completely. No sense in cold air running up the windshield when it’s 90 degrees out.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Not factoring the talk in the Easter egg thread - aren't we getting to be about 4 weeks? Maybe close to a new release

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
I'd think that the odometer in the Rivian can be (is?) driven by the high precision GPS the vehicle has. It's literally high precision, much more so than a current high end smartphone and accurate to within something like a foot.

I'm curious and will test on an ~80 mi drive later today. If it's driven by the speedo, it should say I went 84mi instead of 80 (5%). I'll look at the official odometer in the vehicle info page, as well as what's shown in the Trip.
Running off the gps would be a waste of data and subject it to even more inaccurate readings and Yes I know the thing already tracks me wherever I go while it watches me on camera…

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
After a whopping 5 days of ownership I don't have anything new to add to this thread, but in the hope Rivian are watching, and running some making machine learning thing to collect all the suggestions and make a list....

• PAAK - doesn't work at all for us. We're running IOS16/Beta 2, I don't know if that's got anything to do with it, but it didn't break the Tesla app. Phones won't stay paired for more than a few hours (power saving disabled, location set to always)
  • Since we have to use the keyfob, it would be nice if that worked correctly as a prox key. It knows when it's inside the vehicle, so this must be a software thing, has anyone disassembled the side mirrors yet to look for a prox receiver?
  • Dog Mode/Keep cool...whatever. It's only 91 today, but it's been above 100f for the past week. It takes more than 15 mins for the truck to get to a reasonable cabin temp when parked outside for an hour
  • As @Sean said, the camera being displayed in the driver display when a turn signal is activated. It's a bit lame in the Model 3/Y as you have to look at the center screen, but in a Rivan it would work well.
  • CarPlay...I've never used it since we're all Tesla until now, but I thin Rivian have sufficiently missed the boat on many of the key UI features that Carplay could be a 'quick' fix. It's not that any of it is bad, but god knows most OEM's can't make a good UI, so just let Apple or Google do it.
  • On the 3D sound, the voice channel gets spread to each corner...that's unusual, normally the voice stays in the middle regardless, the instruments get spread out.
  • 'Arriving Home Mode'; lower the truck, geo-open the garage door.
  • On that note, fix Homelink, can't get it to work with our Liftmaster (Jackshaft 8500's).
  • As mentioned early on, Knightrider mode would be fun, at least when the alarm is armed or it detects someone that's too close.

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Well, pet mode may be in the next release

Rivian R1T R1S What do you want addressed in the next OTA update? A11FB98D-980F-4ABF-AB25-74CE5CFB169D

ceetiger

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, Adventure, Limestone, Forest Edge
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Switch to turn off/on phone charger.
Sirius/XM PLEASE!

Ed

MrjonesPV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self-employed
Seat back&down when park.
Change desired charge level from app.
Lane keep assist without speed control.
Dash light levels should have brightness settings unique to daytime and nighttime
Parking structure mode(low..and stay low)
Screen Clean Mode
good ones

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
  • Vents Memory - stay in last set positions until changed
  • Accent Lighting Memory (automatically comes back on last setting in low light)
  • Climate Behaviors: auto off in Park, auto back to last setting on wake + butt in seat, customizable climate behavior options
  • Press + hold for Audio volume slider always on / off
  • GearGuard Notifications to app, GG video streaming to app
  • Sirius XM
  • CarPlay
  • A Lightweight Tow Mode for say less than 2500lbs tow weight that is essentially All Purpose with Regen Braking, normal torque, working trailer lights, etc.... and much better range
  • Snow Mode
  • Ice Mode

Last edited:

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
  • Vents Memory - stay in last set positions until changed
  • Accent Lighting Memory (automatically comes back on last setting in low light)
  • Climate Behaviors: auto off in Park, auto back to last setting on wake + butt in seat, customizable climate behavior options
  • Press + hold for Audio volume slider always on / off
  • GearGuard Notifications to app, GG video streaming to app
  • Sirius XM
  • CarPlay
  • A Lightweight Tow Mode for say less than 2500lbs tow weight that is essentially All Purpose with Regen Braking, normal torque, working trailer lights, etc.... and much better range
  • Snow Mode
  • Ice Mode
That's a pretty good list. My only issue with it is "climate off in park". Absolutely do no want it to behave as stated just like I do not want the truck shutting anything else off when placed in Park. I'm guessing you have other requirements in mind vs simply being in park.

Sponsored

tyfly867

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z, Chevy Suburban
Cruise control has a “resume” function, remembers last speed. Figure out how to eliminate phantom braking.

Charging amps remembers last setting instead of defaulting to 48 amps every time.

Turn off the vents blowing on the windshield. They are always on, and the cool air unnecessarily fogs the windshield in high humidity conditions.

Ability in Spotify to add podcasts and music to playlists.

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Camp mode where the truck will level to gravity. We have a lot of rooftop tent trips coming up and it would be really nice to be able to level it out without extra steps.
YES! Suggested this a while back too! Here's hoping.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
That's a pretty good list. My only issue with it is "climate off in park". Absolutely do no want it to behave as stated just like I do not want the truck shutting anything else off when placed in Park. I'm guessing you have other requirements in mind vs simply being in park.
Yeah, definitely not just when in Park. When I come home, I often wish I just had to P, exit vehicle and then it would shut it off. However, I have to lock it to tell it to shut it all down. That being said, there are times out and about, when you jump out to run in a store, leave your family inside, and you want that behavior (to say on in P and unlocked). Speaking of which, I've never had this scenario, but if you are only using the PAAK, and you do that, will it proximity lock when you go away, and thus shut things down? Or does it know there are people still in the vehicle and leaves AC on? Perhaps the seat belts being fastened as we know is the trigger to remain on, but it could also use seat sensors which would be even better in case passengers want to take them off if it's going to be a little while.

So, maybe the solution is just a geotag for Home, to know that when you put it in P and exit the vehicle (driver and passenger no longer detected in seats), it knows you're done and shuts it all down.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Yeah, definitely not just when in Park. When I come home, I often wish I just had to P, exit vehicle and then it would shut it off. However, I have to lock it to tell it to shut it all down.

So, maybe the solution is just a geotag for Home, to know that when you put it in P and exit the vehicle (driver and passenger no longer detected in seats), it knows you're done and shuts it all down.
or simply give it a power button. ;) I know the Tesla crowd likes to make fun of EVs with power buttons but there are certainly simpler to use. I miss the one on my Bolt and Mach E.

MarcyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My requests (just sent an email to CS):

- We are strongly in favor of the ability to assign (by ourselves) key cards to users. As I understand it, once they are set they can't be changed? I have an email request in for help with this but haven't heard back, and this seems like a flaw in the plan.
(Has anyone found a way around this?)

- Is it possible to add a page with charge history? E.g. an entry for each charging session with details like kWh, charge time, max kW, etc.

- We would be interested in seeing a digital display of the instantaneous power draw and the amount used by accessories (AC, heat, etc).

- As a navigator, I'd love to see the compass direction visible at all times, not just on the map screen.

- We're aren't certain, but it seems like the speedometer reading doesn't match radar speeds - it always shows up 2-3 mph slower on our display vs. what comes up on the highway monitor.
(I see we aren't the only ones who noticed!)

- Please add a "resume" option for cruise control, e.g. after hitting the brakes briefly to adjust for something up ahead
("same")

- The TuneIn app could use better (more) player controls
(+1 for Android Auto!)

- While charging with an L1 plug, it doesn't seem like anything is being added to the battery. It sits there for hours at the same % that it starts at. Is the truck using the entire kW for something (battery conditioning, e.g.)?

- The Rivian app on our phones uses a lot of the phone battery - would be great if this could get optimized better.
Sponsored