SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Very nice overview of things Ben wishes he knew before he purchased his R1T including some teething pains with software, integration of Alexa, and to nobodies surprise, tonneau cover issues.

He also found a great hitch accessory that is a step attachment that helps you get up into the bed since there is no bumper.

30 minutes - with a bit of long winded summary in the last 5.

For transparency, Ben was a very early Launch Edition reservation holder and he also steps through exactly what he paid pre and post tax for his R1T.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Very nice overview of things Ben wishes he knew before he purchased his R1T including some teething pains with software, integration of Alexa, and to nobodies surprise, tonneau cover issues.

He also found a great hitch accessory that is a step attachment that helps you get up into the bed since there is no bumper.

30 minutes - with a bit of long winded summary in the last 5.

For transparency, Ben was a very early Launch Edition reservation holder and he also steps through exactly what he paid pre and post tax for his R1T.

I watched this yesterday as well. So far I've found Ben's videos to be pretty informative for a normal use case and this video was pretty good in that regard as well. That said, I found a lot of his "I wish I knew this beforehand" gripes to be sort of nitpicky and a lot of them are called out in the manual.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I watched this yesterday as well. So far I've found Ben's videos to be pretty informative for a normal use case and this video was pretty good in that regard as well. That said, I found a lot of his "I wish I knew this beforehand" gripes to be sort of nitpicky and a lot of them are called out in the manual.
I'm with you on the nitpicks. I'm going to guess a significant chunk of owners may not go looking in that manual with any depth so he is probably capturing the average person.

Thanksgramps

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS V Sport
I appreciate what felt like an authentic take on his top nags after living with it. Nitpicky (autoleveling) or major (service timelines), these are the things that eat at you and are good to know. When I look back at prior vehicles, what bothered me most were often minor things that built up over time. That said, none of those vehicles did 0-60 in 3 seconds and could bomb over mountain gaps in 12 inches of snow.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I appreciate what felt like an authentic take on his top nags after living with it. Nitpicky (autoleveling) or major (service timelines), these are the things that eat at you and are good to know. When I look back at prior vehicles, what bothered me most were often minor things that built up over time. That said, none of those vehicles did 0-60 in 3 seconds and could bomb over mountain gaps in 12 inches of snow.
Welcome to the forum! The main thing about the nitpicks is that most, if not all, can be sorted out in over the air updates.

Not something I can say about any of my previous cars over the years.
Sponsored