Sponsored

Which colors do you like? (Select 3)

• Total voters

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Scott, I believe this Twitter screenshot is the only official photo of a launch green, which looks military green to me. I confirmed with Rivian chat that in the production videos and the side-impact crash, that those are NOT launch green, but their "Eco-Coat" paint, which looks more poo brown. I was assured it looks green and not brown. I think the configurator simulated green is WAY off compared to the official photo Rivian released.
Capture.JPG
If this is the Launch Green, I would seriously consider it. I do wonder if this is just a photo of the blue R1T that Rivian photoshopped green for promotion. This photo looks like its from the same photo shoot with the blue R1T and white R1S, and I don't think anyone has ever seen Launch Green in the wild.

We really just need some real world photos of the various colors . . .
Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I do wonder if this is just a photo of the blue R1T that Rivian photoshopped green for promotion.
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color Untitled1

In fact, if you look very closely at the photo, it appears they didn't take out all the blue color in the side view mirror. I really think this is just the blue R1T that was photoshopped a green color. C'mon Rivian! Give us some actual vehicles with the various colors

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Untitled1.png

In fact, if you look very closely at the photo, it appears they didn't take out all the blue color in the side view mirror. I really think this is just the blue R1T that was photoshopped a green color. C'mon Rivian! Give us some actual vehicles with the various colors
could that be a reflection of the blue sky maybe?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Honestly, given the lighting and the graininess of the picture, I think that is just the ambient light reflecting off the gloss black. For me, what suggests this is a render is the fact that the rear door window still has the split pane and the charge port is on the passenger side. Pictures of the Launch Green are practically non-existent but there are plenty of photos around of the Rivian Blue R1T in the same desert with the same split window and charge port location. Given that Launch Green was a relatively recent development, I wouldn't expect to see that on the older prototypes (while it's not impossible that they could have repainted or been keeping this color a secret for a long time, I think both are unlikely).

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

If this is the Launch Green, I would seriously consider it. I do wonder if this is just a photo of the blue R1T that Rivian photoshopped green for promotion. This photo looks like its from the same photo shoot with the blue R1T and white R1S, and I don't think anyone has ever seen Launch Green in the wild.

We really just need some real world photos of the various colors . . .
Yup! Sure do look forward to lot’s of pictures because this color is saId to be a blend of green, brown, and grey that shifts and changes with lighting and angles. I am excited to see it. May look even better with a poly wax.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Yup! Sure do look forward to lot’s of pictures because this color is saId to be a blend of green, brown, and grey that shifts and changes with lighting and angles. I am excited to see it. May look even better with a poly wax.
I wonder how close it is to what we used to call British Racing Green.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I wonder how close it is to what we used to call British Racing Green.
British racing green was a pretty solid deep green, a good and equal contrast to Ferrari racing red.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I was scouring the interwebs for more Rivian news today (as one does) and came across this older pic of an R1S, apparently from the 2018 LA Auto Show. Is this supposed to be El Cap Granite? I might be imagining it but I see some tinges of darker blues and purples which are really appealing. Do we have other real life pics of El Cap Granite, or whatever this one was from that auto show?

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color 1614015262028

Source: https://cleantechnica.com/2018/12/23/is-the-rivian-r1s-the-ultimate-electric-sport-utility-vehicle/

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I was scouring the interwebs for more Rivian news today (as one does) and came across this older pic of an R1S, apparently from the 2018 LA Auto Show. Is this supposed to be El Cap Granite? I might be imagining it but I see some tinges of darker blues and purples which are really appealing. Do we have other real life pics of El Cap Granite, or whatever this one was from that auto show?

1614015262028.png

Source: https://cleantechnica.com/2018/12/23/is-the-rivian-r1s-the-ultimate-electric-sport-utility-vehicle/
No, that is the original Forest Green R1S prototype that was displayed in LA. Just not a very good pic.

Sponsored

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

I was leaning towards the Forest Green, but my wife just put the kibosh on that.

Limestone or Granite now leading the pack.
Who's vehicle is it gonna be? Yours or the wife's?

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Yeah, these renderings don't show you the exact color that it will actually be. Just look at the Rivian Blue and then find a picture of the real truck. It certainly looks a little different. I have also not seen a real Red Canyon one, and hope it will be a little more red. My kid said, "I like the Orange one"?
I did order the Red Canyon and hope that the color choice won't delay the deliveries.

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
@sevengroove - I'm guessing it's a result of the lighting because the El Cap color hadn't been seen before. However, I believe the video on the recent testing release captures the El Cap color (albeit in the water)

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color Rivian-R1T-FB-water-fording-2

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
No, that is the original Forest Green R1S prototype that was displayed in LA. Just not a very good pic.
Wow, I was way off :D! I think I was thrown by the area under the left headlight, but you're right that it's probably just a bad picture. Upon further inspection I can see the green showing in the sideview mirror and further back.

@sevengroove - I'm guessing it's a result of the lighting because the El Cap color hadn't been seen before. However, I believe the video on the recent testing release captures the El Cap color (albeit in the water)

Rivian-R1T-FB-water-fording-2.png
Thanks, this is what I imagined it looking like based on the renderings. Looks good, but not rising to the top for me as a color choice.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Wow, I was way off :D! I think I was thrown by the area under the left headlight, but you're right that it's probably just a bad picture. Upon further inspection I can see the green showing in the sideview mirror and further back.

Thanks, this is what I imagined it looking like based on the renderings. Looks good, but not rising to the top for me as a color choice.
Need multiple pictures in different lighting of each color.
Sponsored