Sponsored

Photos: R1T with preproduction Ocean Coast interior

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
When I saw these, I noticed something wasn't matching up... and just noticed the OC interior has changed. The top of dash and steering wheel wrap used to be white as well. I checked with an old photo of a prototype vehicle I saw in Seattle in '19 and the configurator as it is today. Configurator aligns with your post, but I'm fairly certain this was altered.

Either way, a dark top of dash makes more sense in bright driving situations, so no real loss.
Agreed, a white dash top would reflect terrible off the windshield and they probably realized this. On the steering wheel it makes sense that white wouldn't be the best color for the thing you touch every time you drive in a pickup truck.
Sponsored

CO-rayman

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge, ...
TBH… I was so waiting to to see the ocean coast interior in person… granted it’s a pre production sample.. but I was somewhat disappointed, ESPECIALLY with the wood trim pieces… The wood looked washed out, cheap, plastic like, and fake. It would be hard to convince anyone it was real wood. It’s hard to appreciate in pictures but the seats were discolored especially under ur butt area and appear to easily get soiled. The white seam to absorb colors from your clothing. Granted the CS said they are easily cleaned. I’m now back on the Forest edge interior band wagon. Saw both and definitely prefer the FE interior over the OC.

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Seeing colors in person always makes a difference. I ended up changing my exterior paint choice after seeing a few of the colors in person at the Rivian first mile. None of them had the Ocean Coast though, so seeing your pictures and feedback is very helpful.

I have had several cars with lighter interiors from Audi and Porsche. They were always labor intensive to keep clean unless moisturized on a regular basis. I was hoping that the vegan leather would help with discoloration issues.

A light dash is a hard one to pull off. I recall Porsche even had a settlement for their lighter dashes due to reflection. A lot of people ended up with a free pair of polarized sunglasses :)

GangWarily

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer
It's been a hot minute since I've looked at Ocean Coast but the wood looks quite a bit more yellow to me now.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Seeing colors in person always makes a difference.
SO much truth to that statement. I've always been one that prefers lighter interiors, but have never been willing to go white. Generally will consider the "in the middle" options on vehicles. In this case, the Forest Edge interior was the other option, however, it was advertised as being a green interior, or at least commented by several. The marketing photos made it look green as well. I would NEVER get a green interior.

I'm so glad I was able to go to one of the first mile events and see it in person. That interior is gray, not green. With the sun shining directly on the leather (or whatever it is), you might see a slight hint of green to it, but in 95% of lighting conditions, it is simply, a gray interior. Loved it when I saw it. Was fortunate to be able to change from black to it. Not a fan of black, but have gone with it on many occasions when I didn't like the other offerings. Happy to get back to something that looks a little classier.

I like the white, but know I would get it dirty. Good happy medium. But the point is, yes should always go see the interior in person as they often never show up the same in photos. (See image below for example)

Rivian R1T R1S Photos: R1T with preproduction Ocean Coast interior 1655800931509

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

If you guys are very worried about getting the light interior, get your interior ceramic coated.

Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Photos: R1T with preproduction Ocean Coast interior 8E90F917-8D8B-4AB0-A0D9-19BD6B3B2BDC

Rivian R1T R1S Photos: R1T with preproduction Ocean Coast interior C0FC23B5-2456-497D-A0EE-E739D4AD30E5

A couple more photos from my first mile event. Employee truck. One the fence between OC and FE based on timing and jean dye transfer.

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
8E90F917-8D8B-4AB0-A0D9-19BD6B3B2BDC.jpeg

C0FC23B5-2456-497D-A0EE-E739D4AD30E5.jpeg

A couple more photos from my first mile event. Employee truck. One the fence between OC and FE based on timing and jean dye transfer.
I'm right there with you on waffling between the two. I am liking FE more every day, but the cost when the other two are free is a bit hard to swallow. I do worry about the same dye transfer showing on the FE leather.

Sponsored

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
WHOA - you are not helping me make up my mind. The two pics are SO different.

I've been wanting to change over from BM to FE but wasn't sure, now I'm like which one is real - I need to see this in person-

The gray appearance = stylish and sophisticated, the green appearance screams 90s Nissan Pathfinder to me.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Reminds me of my 2012 Signature Model S Signature White Interior, which I love. Light interior is even more important to me having homes in warm climates. I’m likely waiting it out for Ocean Coast as well.

Rivian R1T R1S Photos: R1T with preproduction Ocean Coast interior IMG_2046.JPG

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
What bits are not wood on one model of the R1S vs. the other?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
What bits are not wood on one model of the R1S vs. the other?
Explore trim = No wood at all.
LE & Adventure trims = The same amount of wood as you have seen in every single Rivian... Ever...

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product

When were these pics taken? Or do you know when the truck was built?

Trying to determine if it was a recent build OC or one from last year. Tony's email specifically mentions the wood undergoing tweaks so we should expect a difference between early OC builds and "production" ones later this year.
Sponsored