First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
I had that on one of my 'wish lists' I've sent to my guide as my wife is only 4'11". We would like to see running boards also...
Ditto!]
Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

+1 on the running boards for the short wife. Mine's under 5 ft. as well and somewhat mobility challenged. For the time being, I'm going to a small folding step stool in the back.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
What’s the current status on aftermarket wheels? TireRack shows a bunch of compatible 20” wheels, but I’m skeptical they would actually fit.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
What’s the current status on aftermarket wheels? TireRack shows a bunch of compatible 20” wheels, but I’m skeptical they would actually fit.
I think the offsets are wrong.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
Does anyone know if using this is safe for jacking up Rivians (T or S).

*yes it says exhaust, but it's confirmed to work with air compressor*

Inflatable Jackbag
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 1655756535391

8000lbs capacity and perfect for offroad/no hard surface. I just want to make sure it won't damage the vehicle by pushing into the battery pack or something (although I've ordered the offroad skid plate)

Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I took a chance and ordered a set of wheels and tires. Also ordered custom made hub rings since most after-market wheels have larger bore sizes. Will update once I get a chance to see if they fit.

Edit: 09/25/2022. Did get a complete set sorted out that works well on the truck. No rubbing, more aggressive stance. I have a separate thread with the endless details for those interested.....
www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/updated-new-custom-wheels-tires-20x9-18mm-offset-with-275-60-20-pirellis-33-no-rubbing.6685/

Last edited:

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Great find! Now, if someone wants to loan me their R1T for a few days, I'll gladly pony up the cost of the custom shade for testing purposes. :)
Hey @SASSquatch

This owner made a video of him putting up his Heat Shield roof sun shade. They stick on the roof using suction cups. I am definitely going to get this.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
I could see coffee bean, especially in that brown color. I went with 2 shades of blue. The center console is great bc it’s so deep, but we found it difficult to find an organizer that fit such a deep space. Not totally sure this is what we’ll stick with, but works pretty well so far.

4DA2C454-4A49-4A75-A026-57594145A70C.jpeg
7976D7DA-E584-4470-859F-E2E80ED32882.jpeg
7DA0BC5F-5AFD-41AD-A191-8F84D7A2D5AD.jpeg
71F2CAE0-CFAE-4249-80C3-712C4D38C953.jpeg
Woah, I think you just rescued a marriage. His and hers cubby storage, no more pile of random female products.

R1TYarbrough

First Name
Tanya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
VP Operations for Homebuilder
I didn't want to spring for the Patagonia brand bags, so I bought 2 of these off Amazon - and then bought a third one:

Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 1655946528924

GOX Travel Toiletry Bag,Dopp Kit Case,Ultra-Light Cosmetics Bag Makeup Organizer

I put two in the center console -- one black with green accents and one green with black accents. I filled one with misc tools I use for work (measuring tape, screwdriver, construction keys). I put car stuff like registration, insurance, an ink pen, and loose change in the other and decided to move that bag to the drivers side door storage. It fit there well! I ordered another one for misc car stuff in the center console like spare charging cords.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Hey @SASSquatch

This owner made a video of him putting up his Heat Shield roof sun shade. They stick on the roof using suction cups. I am definitely going to get this.

@Longhorngirl You had me at suction cups! I love the rings so you can pull it down and push it up easier.

Meanwhile, I totally want to be this guy when I grow up. The MacGyver move he did on the Jack Pads to add the magnets was brilliant!

Did anyone else REALLY want to know what was under the furniture pad in the frunk that he was using as a display stand?

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
@Longhorngirl You had me at suction cups! I love the rings so you can pull it down and push it up easier.

Meanwhile, I totally want to be this guy when I grow up. The MacGyver move he did on the Jack Pads to add the magnets was brilliant!

Did anyone else REALLY want to know what was under the furniture pad in the frunk that he was using as a display stand?
Haha. I may put up the heat shield and never have to use the rings to take it off. It is SO HOT here. I was just grateful that the video was only 8 minutes long.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That sun shade looks so depressing! I would sell the truck if it turns out that product is necessary.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I wonder if it would help to put Rain-X on the headlights, Out of spec mentioned snow can build up on them and needing to stop and wipe them off every 30 mins. Are other owners seeing this?

Also +1 thanks @SASSquatch going to bookmark this.
I had snow buildup across the entire front face of the R1T while crossing the summit of the Cascades on US20 three weeks ago. We got through the white-out, drove another twenty miles, got out, and noted the entire nose had a uniform layer of slush on it, including all of the lighting surfaces (all of which were on the entire trip).

Rain-X may be the answer. Those LED lights didn't put out enough heat to melt the snow.

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Haha. I may put up the heat shield and never have to use the rings to take it off. It is SO HOT here. I was just grateful that the video was only 8 minutes long.
Again, I hate to be THAT guy, but it seems to me like the ONLY way to answer the question of whether the heat shield is necessary is for somebody to loan me their R1T for rigorous testing. :)

I promise that no matter how long the actual experimental design takes to run, I will only post a video of the lowlights not to exceed 8 minutes....
Sponsored