Sponsored

j23HAP

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE GW, R1S LE Midnight
Has anyone received a delivery window update since the first batch went out Saturday 6/11? It doesn't seem like anyone has reported an update since. Rivian says the emails are coming in batches, my guess is we will see more updates this Saturday 6/18.
Sponsored

rlawsoncrew

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Farmer
First post in this forum.

Located in Irvine, CA where HQ is located and service center
Original configuration unchanged: R1S LE El Cap Granite, Black Mountain, 22" wheels
Deposit Dec. 4, 2018 (more than 1288 days but who is counting :)
First email update on delivery window in 2022: April/May 2022
First contact from Guide: April 11, 2022
First conversation with Guide: April 13, 2022
Configuration confirmed with Guide: April 13, 2022
Signed Prelim Buyers Agreement: April 15, 2022
Contact with Guide through May indicated no change to delivery window
Then Caravano email #1 last week followed by Caravano email #2 last week
And finally the hammer dropped with my delivery window slipping to Oct. to Dec. 2022

For everyone speculating about service center impacting delivery, that does not sound right given my location in Irvine. My configuration (unchanged) was supposed to be a setup for quicker delivery. My priority as a deposit holder is likely first 1,000. All signs pointed to no further delay in delivery, but here we are.

Understand supply chain and startup issues. Communication from Rivian is horrible. Very disappointed in the latest delay.

Now looking at Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo.
So, I did a little math. There approximately 3,600 Rivians listed on this site. 1600+ are R1S. If you believe Rivian (not that I do), Rivian says they have 75,000 preorders. If we are good, a reasonbly good sample (1 forum per 20 orders) , that would put the total number of R1s at around 33,000. I put my money down Feb. 02, 2019. There are approximately 44 R1s ahead of me (according to list date). That would put possibly 880 ahead of me.

They start building in October. I'll see mine a year or two later, AND I'M LOW ON THE LIST!!!!
Just a little ray of sunshine for everyone.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So, I did a little math. There approximately 3,600 Rivians listed on this site. 1600+ are R1S. If you believe Rivian (not that I do), Rivian says they have 75,000 preorders. If we are good, a reasonbly good sample (1 forum per 20 orders) , that would put the total number of R1s at around 33,000. I put my money down Feb. 02, 2019. There are approximately 44 R1s ahead of me (according to list date). That would put possibly 880 ahead of me.

They start building in October. I'll see mine a year or two later, AND I'M LOW ON THE LIST!!!!
Just a little ray of sunshine for everyone.
In their first qtr earnings call they had over 90k pre-orders, that does not count what was already delivered.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Has anyone received a delivery window update since the first batch went out Saturday 6/11? It doesn't seem like anyone has reported an update since. Rivian says the emails are coming in batches, my guess is we will see more updates this Saturday 6/18.
Gonna bump this, no update yet for me.

Sponsored

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
Still no update for me either.

MadMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tesla Model 3
Ditto. Zippo.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

BTW my son's friend has an R1T (non-employee). He got it many months ago and has been to the service center recently for SW updates/etc. He is a Rivian fan. They do have R1S's ready for delivery to employees. He has seen them on-site.
Awesome,...but around here....no pics = didn't happen.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Sorry! I'm a day one R1S LE Launch Green/BM 20" dark in Los Angeles. 4/1 Guide, 4/21 PBA signed... March/April, now Oct/Dec.

I bought a Palisade yesterday over email at MSRP and they delivered it to my home today, just like Rivian was supposed to do while ago. Didn't want to do it, but needed a car as I sold last year right before the Aug delay. I'll evaluate how best to handle the Palisade and R1S when we get an actual delivery date. Good luck.
You'll get the vehicle faster than your estimated window.....Los Angeles perk

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Almost exact same situation and pattern but in the Bay Area. Also cross shopping the x turismo. Plenty capable off road based on our of specs testing. Only concern is breakover angle bc I live in the hills (east bay) and my current car drags on the ground.
Time for 3" lift...

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yes no question that comms across the board have been poor and that Rivian is learning the hard way that the quickest way to piss off loyal customers is to go dark on them. That being said as a fellow R1S reservation holder I will say that for the first time the estimates they are putting out are likely at least directionally correct at this point, and that in the next few months if you start to see reservation holders actually getting their vehicles then that bodes well for your delivery next year. Only time will tell but it 'feels' more real this time around.
Just hope for the best...plan for the RIVIAN

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
They start building in October.
They indeed might start building (customer, not employee) cars in October. But I'm also a February 2019 reservation and they told me August-September for my R1S LE and I'm willing to believe that they - as of last weekend - believed that they would make that window. Yeah, they've missed every other estimate...but the estimates are getting closer to current day and the slips are getting smaller. I perceive that they are asymptomatically approaching building a R1S for me. :)

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Nope

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

No update
Sponsored