Wish List - Rivian Adventure Network (RAN) locations

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Thought I'd try and create a thread for those that would like to see a 'RAN' Fast (min 150kW) Charger on one of their regular routes. Maybe Rivian will take a look and try to accommodate our wishes. Once we get an early glimpse of where they are installing chargers it should be easier to decide if you want (or need) to order the larger battery.

I'd ask members to add no more than five RAN charging locations they would like to see. Please check ABRP and Plugshare.com to confirm there are not any in the locations you are requesting.

Home location:
- SF Bay area

To:
- Los Angeles
- Death Valley
- Riddgecrest/Mojave

Desired Charging Station location:
- Kettleman City/Lost Hills (I-5)
- Ridgecrest/Inyokern (Highway 178) - Destination charger at Hotel
- Panamint Springs/Death Valley (Highway 190)
- Yosemite (Highway 120)
- Lone Pine (Highway 395)
Sponsored

Moonjock

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
Occupation
Lab Tech
Since there are no current fast chargers on the main road system in Alaska I want them between Valdez and Anchorage, Valdez and Fairbanks, Fairbanks and Anchorage and Anchorage and Homer. :CWL:

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
Fantastic idea for a thread, thanks @RivianXpress !

We take road trips across the mountain west, and one of my biggest concerns with the R1S is the inability to get to the places we want to go because of lack of charging. The R1S was never going to have the max battery, now it might get something in between the large and max (would that be the "lax"? surely not . . . "marge" doesn't work either) battery. But in the absence of any info about what that larger battery is (and the cost) for the R1S, the other knob to turn is to add more charging stations!

Really tough to limit the list to 5 locations.

Somewhere near the Great Sand Dunes National Park.
South central CO is pretty sparse, as is
Northwest CO and neighboring eastern Utah

Can I name entire states as the other destinations? Cheating I know, but it would be great to get charging stations distributed across Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho.

Will have to think on this more and post specific destinations.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Pismo Beach (EA at the outlets, but more CCS is better :like:)
Fort Bragg/Mendocino area (really anything north of Santa Rosa, very limited right now)
Yosemite (can trickle charge at the campsite, but would be nice at the top)

I'm really hoping they don't stick too many in bigger cities, would like to have more options to charge someplace peaceful :fingerscrossed:

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Lake powell, az
Show low, az
Payson , az
Globe, az
Wickenburg ,az

These are all the places I'd like to see a fast charger so that I can tow my trailer with the R1S.

Sponsored

szimmer624

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee Summit - Hemi, Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
Occupation
Self-Employed
Thought I'd try and create a thread for those that would like to see a 'RAN' Fast (min 150kW) Charger on one of their regular routes. Maybe Rivian will take a look and try to accommodate our wishes. Once we get an early glimpse of where they are installing chargers it should be easier to decide if you want (or need) to order the larger battery.

I'd ask members to add no more than five RAN charging locations they would like to see. Please check ABRP and Plugshare.com to confirm there are not any in the locations you are requesting.

Home location:
- SF Bay area

To:
- Los Angeles
- Death Valley
- Riddgecrest/Mojave

Desired Charging Station location:
- Kettleman City/Lost Hills (I-5)
- Ridgecrest/Inyokern (Highway 178) - Destination charger at Hotel
- Panamint Springs/Death Valley (Highway 190)
- Yosemite (Highway 120)
- Lone Pine (Highway 395)
i'll go for Pittsburgh to Cleveland, Columbus, Cincy, Indy
- Cleveland/Toledo/Detroit too

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I'm really hoping they don't stick too many in bigger cities, would like to have more options to charge someplace peaceful :fingerscrossed:
At least initially, I think it will make more sense for them to extend charging coverage to places where it does not currently exist.

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
I'll go for a few spots up north in Minnesota. Duluth, Grand Marais, Ely, Grand Rapids...and a location halfway between Minneapolis and my in-laws...Cedar Rapids, IA.?

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
We’re up north, so that dictates this list.

Current route needing charging infrastructure: Duluth, MN to Seattle, WA. Drive it every summer.

Additional dream: same route, but covering HWY 2 (also gorgeous drive and sweet photo ops for the PR team) gets us to Glacier

Specific parks we visit that should have them: Olympic National Park, Mt. Rainier, Teddy Roosevelt, Glacier, Yellowstone, Apostle Island Lake Shore

Specific cities if Rivian wants to jump on it (this is the barebones to get the northern routes covered mixing Rivian and EA for fast charging) :
I90- Fargo, ND, Dickinson, ND, Miles City, MT, Billings MT
HWY 2 addition: Havre, MT

Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
We need chargers at every boat ramp, even if they’re just level 2. It would be great to charge while I’m on the water after chewing through battery towing the boat to the ramp.

schwartz83

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Manager
We’re up north, so that dictates this list.

Current route needing charging infrastructure: Duluth, MN to Seattle, WA. Drive it every summer.

Additional dream: same route, but covering HWY 2 (also gorgeous drive and sweet photo ops for the PR team) gets us to Glacier

Specific parks we visit that should have them: Olympic National Park, Mt. Rainier, Teddy Roosevelt, Glacier, Yellowstone, Apostle Island Lake Shore

Specific cities if Rivian wants to jump on it (this is the barebones to get the northern routes covered mixing Rivian and EA for fast charging) :
I90- Fargo, ND, Dickinson, ND, Miles City, MT, Billings MT
HWY 2 addition: Havre, MT
We're sitting in a hotel room in Tacoma having just made that drive! Turning around and heading back later today (college pickup). Would love to see those routes covered.

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Lake powell, az
Show low, az
Payson , az
Globe, az
Wickenburg ,az

These are all the places I'd like to see a fast charger so that I can tow my trailer with the R1S.
Can't agree more. Gave this suggestion to EA for their phase 3. Kingman going on line soon but for me these are a must.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
We're sitting in a hotel room in Tacoma having just made that drive! Turning around and heading back later today (college pickup). Would love to see those routes covered.
Welcome to the neighborhood!