Sponsored

What new information are you excited to get?

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

I hope and pray that Rivian doesn't add AA or CarPlay. Why add unnecessary complexity to the UI with layers that require individual updates. If Rivian builds anything like what Tesla has for audio, we will all love it and be thankful they didn't add it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
MisterTea

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I hope and pray that Rivian doesn't add AA or CarPlay. Why add unnecessary complexity to the UI with layers that require individual updates. If Rivian builds anything like was Tesla has for audio, we will all love it and be thankful they didn't add it.
Tesla’s audio software is one of the reason I got rid of my model x. It’s awful. For the first two years I had access to tune in radio and slacker radio. Quality was ok. Then they finally moved Spotify to the US, but even then it’s an ok experience.

CarPlay is a set it and forget it. All updates come from the developers and apple updates the overal usability. Rivian could sit back while we get access to more apps than Tesla or Rivian will ever add on their own. Also access to apps like Waze and ChargePoint.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I hope and pray that Rivian doesn't add AA or CarPlay. Why add unnecessary complexity to the UI with layers that require individual updates. If Rivian builds anything like was Tesla has for audio, we will all love it and be thankful they didn't add it.
Unless the Rivian UI supports the app I currently use to download and queue podcasts, I'm going to end up using my phone for all media anyway, so might as well have Android Auto.

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
I use AA all the time and though I can live without it I will definitely miss it. Mostly Google Maps. I already store a lot of information there, so duplicating that over to car's infotainment is just inconvenient.
For example:
I booked a hotel and got a confirmation email. Google automatically marks the hotel on Google Maps. When I hit navigate in my AA-enabled car I don't have to type in the address. The hotel already appears in the short list of destination that Maps thinks are most probable. And even if it doesn't for some reason it's marked on the maps, so it's just a matter of clicking on it.

Same works for flights (Maps will now I probably go to the airport), calendar appointments and so on.

I also usually prepare custom maps for a vacation in Google Maps and then to navigate to them I can just always use the same device (phone), whether walking, cycling or driving a rental, because at this point almost any car supports that.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

As long as their maps is based on google maps I could care less. I need maps software, and spotify (amazon music is meh) . Hope they will allow for 3rd party apps, if not bluetooth and the phone it is.

Sponsored

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

Tesla’s audio software is one of the reason I got rid of my model x. It’s awful. For the first two years I had access to tune in radio and slacker radio. Quality was ok. Then they finally moved Spotify to the US, but even then it’s an ok experience.

CarPlay is a set it and forget it. All updates come from the developers and apple updates the overal usability. Rivian could sit back while we get access to more apps than Tesla or Rivian will ever add on their own. Also access to apps like Waze and ChargePoint.
I personally think AA&CarPlay should be available even if the OEM also offers streaming services in their own UI. But FWIW, Tesla just updated their media UI and spotify (along with other sources) is a much better experience now.

johnFun

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra and Harley Sportster
Occupation
Enviroinmental Consultant in Seattle
Definitely what the both of you said, but I will mix it up and say an announcement on a charging partnership with EA, EVgo, or both(getting greedy) for free charging for X amount of years...

Then back to the UI, how Rivian will integrate the known charging locations into route planning like Tesla does for their Supercharging network...Can we set up preferences of stations and locations similar to what ABRP does? 95% of the time it will not matter as we will charge at home....but it is something I am excited/curious about.
Definitely what the both of you said, but I will mix it up and say an announcement on a charging partnership with EA, EVgo, or both(getting greedy) for free charging for X amount of years...

Then back to the UI, how Rivian will integrate the known charging locations into route planning like Tesla does for their Supercharging network...Can we set up preferences of stations and locations similar to what ABRP does? 95% of the time it will not matter as we will charge at home....but it is something I am excited/curious about.
Agreed - That would be great info to have. What charging cable(s) come with the LE, and will it have the adapter for the Tesla Network??

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Agreed - That would be great info to have. What charging cable(s) come with the LE, and will it have the adapter for the Tesla Network??
"Your vehicle also comes standard with a portable charging cable that neatly packs away and plugs into both 120V and 240V outlets, delivering up to 16 miles of range per hour. "
It will be a 32A unit that likely has a NEMA 14-50 plug and a 5-15 adapter for use on 120V circuits.
If you are referring to the Tesla Supercharging network - not a chance and there is not and will not be one available.
If you are referring to the Tesla destination chargers (240v), there are at least a couple of adapters from 3rd parties available, but a near zero chance they would be included with the Rivian.

JDMD

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Physician
My bad... forgot which thread this was.
After configuring my R1T is suggests we check in regularly for configuration updates. Seems logical that we'd be informed of any new configuration options.

Does anyone know if they'll let us know when new options become available, or whether we'll need to manually do so?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
After configuring my R1T is suggests we check in regularly for configuration updates. Seems logical that we'd be informed of any new configuration options.

Does anyone know if they'll let us know when new options become available, or whether we'll need to manually do so?
This definitely needs some clarification.
Right now there is no method to change or add anything (camp kitchen as an example) within a saved a configuration, only erase and start over. Not something I'm in a hurry to do since the LE is now sold out.

Sponsored

Acon

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Anyone have details on the roof rails? Is that an add on?

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
This definitely needs some clarification.
Right now there is no method to change or add anything (camp kitchen as an example) within a saved a configuration, only erase and start over. Not something I'm in a hurry to do since the LE is now sold out.
Rivian R1T R1S What new information are you excited to get? 1606176386819
Sponsored