Sponsored

Non-Rivian Servicing

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

We have a road trip starting Friday, and I don't think the Bellevue Service Center will get us in to fix my steering alignment by then. It's pretty bad, to the point where activating Driver+ causes the car to swerve right and quickly back left to lane center.

This has got to be fixed before we leave, so would I be out of line to take it to Les Schwab or another place to get the alignment fixed? Is there a software aspect I'm missing? Will I void my warranty taking it elsewhere?

Rivian R1T R1S Non-Rivian Servicing PXL_20220512_003656328.MP
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

We have a road trip starting Friday, and I don't think the Bellevue Service Center will get us in to fix my steering alignment by then. It's pretty bad, to the point where activating Driver+ causes the car to swerve right and quickly back left to lane center.

This has got to be fixed before we leave, so would I be out of line to take it to Les Schwab or another place to get the alignment fixed? Is there a software aspect I'm missing? Will I void my warranty taking it elsewhere?

PXL_20220512_003656328.MP.jpg
Did you ran this by customer service already?

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Did you ran this by customer service already?
Not yet, they called Thursday to acknowledge my tickets from the previous evening, and said they'd get back to me. Should I call Monday if I don't hear from them and ask for escalation?

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

You may be the first person to attempt this...
I get it, it's new and scary and electric, but at some point these trucks are going to be serviced by non Rivian folks. I might as well break the insulated glass ceiling and give other folks a shot at working on them 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

It's pretty bad, to the point where activating Driver+ causes the car to swerve right and quickly back left to lane center.
For what it’s worth my truck does that too so fixing the steering wheel may not address that.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Not yet, they called Thursday to acknowledge my tickets from the previous evening, and said they'd get back to me. Should I call Monday if I don't hear from them and ask for escalation?
I would.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Nothing stopping you from getting an alignment from elsewhere, you just won't get reimbursed for the cost.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I get it, it's new and scary and electric, but at some point these trucks are going to be serviced by non Rivian folks. I might as well break the insulated glass ceiling and give other folks a shot at working on them 🤷🏼‍♂️
Just clear the warranty issue first.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Find a shop with the latest and greatest whizbang Hunter alignment rack…that does medium duty trucks. Places what do cars may not have a rack that can handle a 7000lb truck.

otherwise if I was you I’d grin and bear it for the trip if rivisn cant get to it beforehand, because I’d not be going out of pocket for something that should be a warranty matter on a brand new vehicle.

Sponsored

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I took my ID4 in for an alignment at a Firestone last fall and their alignment system did not have it in the system yet so they couldn’t help. Don’t know if this is Firestone or ID4 specific but just an experience to be aware of.

pticknerco

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Chevy Duramax, Mazda CX5
Have you talked to your Guide about it? Mine was really helpful acting as a go-between with service and helped with a schedule that worked for me.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Have you talked to your Guide about it? Mine was really helpful acting as a go-between with service and helped with a schedule that worked for me.
I'll try that route Monday. His answer for most things has been "put in a ticket"

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
They can't legally void your warranty for using 3rd party service, but if the 3rd party service causes damage, that would not be covered by the warranty.
Sponsored