First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 35d
Occupation
Surgeon
Does anyone know why the yellow and blue colours had the higher upcharge? Are they metallic paints that cost more to produce? just curious...BTW I went with the blue.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nuz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Performance Model 3
Occupation
Consultant
I'm liking limestone but not sure if the green interior will look good with it?

elecrticeddy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport HSE, Rivian R1S, R1T, 911T Targa 71
Occupation
Strategic Marketing & Research
Clubs

For actual shots of Launch Green, re-watch this video. I'm not sure why they call it green though, brown would be more accurate.

Man that looks more like poo brown. I hope that is not the correct color

Last edited:

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I configured my R1S with Launch Green exterior and Forest Edge interior, but now I'm having second thoughts on the Launch Green and may change to Forest Green....
Man that looks more like poo brown. I hope that is not the correct color
I am a R1S LE who prefers Forest but always am intrigued by a special edition. I asked the chat guy last night. He said a few things;
1. Nothings locked
2. No R1S has been shown in launch green, every shot is Forest
3. He loves forest but said seeing Launch in person is ‘striking’

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
Does anyone know why the yellow and blue colours had the higher upcharge? Are they metallic paints that cost more to produce? just curious...BTW I went with the blue.
I don't see metallic in the blue. One of the reasons I think it looks deep in color. Blue is my choice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Hexijen

Hexijen

First Name
Caley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Glacier/Ocean Coast, 20AT, Offroad
Clubs

I'm liking limestone but not sure if the green interior will look good with it?
I see what you mean about a potential clash of color there. Limestone is currently my runner up, and while i think it would go very well with Ocean Coast, its hard to say if it will work with the green leather. It will certainly go better than pairing it with the blue or red, and it might work, but I could see it being a bit off.

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
I see what you mean about a potential clash of color there. Limestone is currently my runner up, and while i think it would go very well with Ocean Coast, its hard to say if it will work with the green leather. It will certainly go better than pairing it with the blue or red, and it might work, but I could see it being a bit off.
i configured the limestone with forest edge and if you look at the interior pic of the dash you can see the limestone color on the door mirror. I don't think they complement each other. you may love it though!

OP
OP
Hexijen

Hexijen

First Name
Caley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Glacier/Ocean Coast, 20AT, Offroad
Clubs

i configured the limestone with forest edge and if you look at the interior pic of the dash you can see the limestone color on the door mirror. I don't think they complement each other. you may love it though!
Yeah, the forest edge interior is a warmer color, while the limestone is more in the neutral band. Personally I dislike Forest Edge. The dash looks cool but I think the seats look strange and would prefer a little more grey in the seat color

Sponsored

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Yeah, the forest edge interior is a warmer color, while the limestone is more in the neutral band. Personally I dislike Forest Edge. The dash looks cool but I think the seats look strange and would prefer a little more grey in the seat color

I agree. I like forest edge but one thing that sort of bothers me is that Rivian did a light headliner for Ocean and a green headliner for Forest. Thats a LOT of green. I'd prefer a black headliner for all 3.

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
A better shot of Launch Green?
R1T Launch Green.jpg
OK for the Launch Green, take a look at the "Welcome Home" video in the homepage of the configurator. At second 19, they hit a launch green R1T with a side impact crash test. I think that is the best look we'll get for a while. I think that is the same as the pic above. It's like a matt dark green. It looks less chocolate than the factory floor, but it's no Forest Green for sure.

Headingley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 35d
Occupation
Surgeon
This is what Rivian should have done....and maybe still can do? They should have sent out a color brochure/samples so that we can see them in person. In fact, I would have paid for this service. It is hard to make a final decision...

Last edited:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
This is what Rivian should have done....and maybe still can do? They should have sent out a color brochure/samples so that we can see them in person. In fact, I would have evened paid for this service. It is hard to make a final decision...
Lots of time yet to make a final decision, and since they are planning on offering test drives before you actually need to order, that would be a good time to see at least samples of the various colors (exterior and interior)

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
A better shot of Launch Green?
R1T Launch Green.jpg
If that photo is launch green, I think it looks bad-ass Army Jeep tough. Yellow accents play well here. Does anyone know if it is a satin finish or not?
Sponsored