First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Did you get it with a spare?

Looks awesome!
I ordered the spare but it didn’t arrive with the spare. Guide had me put in a service request which I did yesterday. Rivian called me today to schedule the appoint for 2 of 3 service requests. Since I’m 1.5 hours from the service center, and the requests need to be done at the service center, we agreed to wait until the third ticket is ready then do all of them at once.

Service requests:

1. Tailgate doesn’t automatically drop. It unlocks but I have to help it release. This is the request that isn’t quite ready.
2. Front left fender fit/alignment issue where it meets the hood/light. Looks like a clip or fastener is missing as it is significantly looser in that are than it should be.
3. Missing spare tire.

Mike Hunt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I ordered the spare but it didn’t arrive with the spare. Guide had me put in a service request which I did yesterday. Rivian called me today to schedule the appoint for 2 of 3 service requests. Since I’m 1.5 hours from the service center, and the requests need to be done at the service center, we agreed to wait until the third ticket is ready then do all of them at once.

Service requests:

1. Tailgate doesn’t automatically drop. It unlocks but I have to help it release. This is the request that isn’t quite ready.
2. Front left fender fit/alignment issue where it meets the hood/light. Looks like a clip or fastener is missing as it is significantly looser in that are than it should be.
3. Missing spare tire.
Thanks for the reply.

My guide told me that the spare tire will be delivered/shipped at a later date when I was contacted March 23

How later? He did not know.

I’d be interested to know when you get your spare…

I’ll have to check those things on your list when my truck supposedly arrives next Wednesday.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I’d be interested to know when you get your spare…

I’ll have to check those things on your list when my truck supposedly arrives next Wednesday.
Still waiting on the home charger, all weather mats, and wristband. Guide wasn’t sure when they would be shipped but will keep an eye out for the tracking info from the “fulfillment team”.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Signed PBA today. No idea when a pairing will actually happen, so the wait begins on a match and the 8 step process completion. Guide said she's seeing a lot of Forrest Edge interiors coming off the line, so after waiting for years (Dec 10, 2018) for the R1T, it's hopefully making it's way to either Richmond of Atlanta since both are about 4 hours from Charlotte. At least the PBA didn't come through tomorrow, Friday the 13th! Will pray for those who opted to stay with Ocean Coast that it comes in the fall, but i couldn't wait any longer without clear proof that Fall was not going to turn into Fall of 2023 or never. I talked to a Cadillac dealer yesterday on buying my wife's used GL 550 and he said they have discontinued several color options due to supply chain issues. Their systems won't even let them configure the ones that are a problem, so this appears to be real issue on certain color options and materials. Let's start the countdown from PBA to pairing. Based on the current forum posts, it's clearly random on how long it takes between PBA and actually getting into a vehicle. Fingers crossed!

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado
Sure enough… after 2 weeks of “waiting to be matched” to a vehicle that supposedly was sitting in the lot waiting to be assigned, and 2 weeks of nothin happening, my guide offered me yet another totally different config that was “currently available”. Yet no one can tell me where the vehicle that was available 2 weeks ago is or why we weren’t matched to it when requested etc…
I asked why I would change again and why this vehicle which is supposedly available is any different from what they said 2 weeks ago. Other than acknowledging that was a legitimate thought …. Rivian has no answers as to the status of the vehicle that was available and ready to go 2 weeks ago. I have switched back to my Forrest green since they can’t seem to find the white one they told me was ready to go and none of this seems to matter anyway.

Continue to have zero faith in this disaster.

After the ocean coast delay was made official, I changed to Forest Edge in hopes to still get delivery by end of May (keeping the Forest green exterior). On 4/28 my guide called me that they had been given a list of built vehicles to match up. There was one ocean coast interior on the lot but it was Silver and adventure trim and I decided not take it but I did agree to swap to a WHITE exterior, forest edge interior (I will likely wrap it for work anyway so the exterior color was slightly less important at the time). After agreeing to the change as the "fastest possible route to delivery"... nothing. I'm now told that we are 'waiting to be matched to the vehicle we changed to'.
Doesn't make sense to me - I thought we 'selected' from a list of available vehicles but now we are 'waiting to be matched'.

Meanwhile I see my previous config being delivered.

I have zero confidence in this company or this match/delivery process.

Last edited:

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T

Sponsored

snomad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
Any time I see a 2018 pre-order finally get their truck I get super happy. Enjoy it!!
I'm pretty sure he ordered in Sept/Oct 2021. Great to see deliveries happening regardless!

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'm pretty sure he ordered in Sept/Oct 2021. Great to see deliveries happening regardless!
It says right in their signature that they ordered in 2018.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
What's up @Snazzy Labs? Your Sept 2021 YouTube video seems to indicate you preordered in Sept 2021 --see clip here:

But your forum signature shows an 11/2018 preorder? Assuming you're willing to share, inquiring minds would like to know. Don't get on the wrong side of those 2018'ers! They're merciless. 🤭🤣
Sponsored