Sponsored

Accessories Included in Config Pricing: Roof Rack and Tow Hitch?

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Weird to configure a car but don’t know 100% of what I’m potentially buying because according to the disclaimer, this is all still hypothetical ;-)

Does anyone have any info on:

- Whether roof racks and/or a tow hitch are included in our configuration pricing?
- Also, wheel mud flaps/guards

Any other random accessories you can think of? I mean, they included a flashlight so one would think anything goes!
Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
People were asking Rivian to release some sort of configurator even if all the details were not yet available. They listened.
I think a year-end configurator with more details was the original plan, and by then we will have answers to many of the questions people are asking

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Weird to configure a car but don’t know 100% of what I’m potentially buying because according to the disclaimer, this is all still hypothetical ;-)

- Whether roof racks and/or a tow hitch are included in our configuration pricing?

Any other random accessories you can think of? I mean, they included a flashlight so one would think anything goes!
I will bet he hitch receiver is standard although the ball mount will be up to the buyer. Roof racks will undoubtably be extra.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I will bet he hitch receiver is standard although the ball mount will be up to the buyer. Roof racks will undoubtably be extra.
Towing update from the chat with them. Trailer Hitch is hidden behind removable panel. It is a 2'' Class V receiver. The R1T's towing capacity is 11,000 pounds and the R1S is 7,700 pounds. Also the trailer hitch receiver and vehicle structure are rated for a tongue weight of 810 lbs.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Towing update from the chat with them. Trailer Hitch is hidden behind removable panel. It is a 2'' Class V receiver. The R1T's towing capacity is 11,000 pounds and the R1S is 7,700 pounds. Also the trailer hitch receiver and vehicle structure are rated for a tongue weight of 810 lbs.
Are you saying the tow package is standard on all R1Ts?

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I'm glad they hid the hitch in the bumper. Seems like it was standard on all SUVs for a few years and now I see a lot of them going back to having it hanging under the bumper, even on the higher end models.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
On the truck, I don't mind it in the bumper, because I'll use it less, but on an SUV, I would want it as low as possible. I mainly use mine on my current vehicles for a bike hitch rack, and there are two problems with it being in the bumper.

First, I want it as low as possible to make loading and unloading easier.

Second, I have a split hatch where half folds down into a tailgate, and the lower the rack is, the more likely the tailgate will clear it when it is down (and the rack is empty). In the bumper of my current vehicle, it will not.

Despite the bumper hitch on my SUV now, I bought an aftermarket one that sits below the bumper. With the R1T coming, I will probably use a tailgate cover for carrying the bike, if I can.

sethgagnon

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

It does include a tow hitch. I have a response from customer service saying so.

OP
OP

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Thanks for the replies!

Sponsored

szimmer624

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee Summit - Hemi, Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
Occupation
Self-Employed
there's a standard 2" Class V receiver hidden behind a removal cover on the rear fascia, 7 pin connected for the trailer break, and there'll be trailer assist as part of Driver+ (all per chat w/Rivian yesterday)

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
It does include a tow hitch. I have a response from customer service saying so.
I can only assume you mean "receiver" as opposed to "ball mount hitch" the latter of which is likely not included. That will be cool if they did though! A lot of people use the terms hitch when they really mean receiver. I'm not sure what you intended, however.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Tongue weight for R1T is 1470lb.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
So, do we need anything extra to tow or does everything come with the Rivian? There have been some questions here about the ball.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
So, do we need anything extra to tow or does everything come with the Rivian? There have been some questions here about the ball.
You’ll need a trailer :p. And most likely a hitch and ball that has the appropriate height to match whatever you are towing. And you may need a 7 pin to 4 pin wiring adapter if your trailer has a 4 pin.

As previously stated, most vehicles equipped for towing only come with the hitch receiver and wiring. You’ll need to purchase the assembly that slides into that with the ball on it separately. Hitch balls come in various sizes, so you’ll need to match whatever your trailer has. And also get the appropriate amount of drop or rise in the hitch bar that the ball mounts onto so that your trailer sits level when it’s all connected.
Sponsored