Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

I will likely design and 3D print some compartments once I get my delivery...
Sponsored

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
The other place that needs help is the compartment under the arm rests. It is narrow and very-very deep. It‘s crying out for a shelf.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

That's where 20 pairs of sunglasses will go, along with chapstick, bobby pins, pens, tissues, gum, change, gas receipts (oops), makeup, mini flashlight (backup), leatherman, air gauge, nail clippers, n95 mask with dingleberries, wet wipes, tools, coozies, charging cords, etc.
ah I see you've met my wife!

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Speaking of 3d printing and preorders, the dimensions are a little to big to fit on my current printer (max about 9" on a side), but this should be a great first project for the Prusa XL I've preordered.. (delivery seems to be slipping, who woulda thought...). Any other Rivian preorder holders also getting one of these?
https://www.prusa3d.com/product/original-prusa-xl-2/
No Prusa but my Snapmaker should be able to cover this volume.

However I actually quite like it as mostly flat space - the Model Y volume is basically useless or a junk drawer, whereas this would be a perfect place to stick something like a small duffel or messenger for a commute, a lil' supply basket for a long offroad trip (thinking radios, maps, snacks...), etc.

For structure, a little bag like this would be nice, but I'd be worried about it inviting window-smashers if left unattended. Stingray Flat Box Mini MultiCam® Black | Gear Storage | Camp Kitchen - STEP 22 Gear

Rivian R1T R1S Center Console/Organizer 1649893300989

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
That's where 20 pairs of sunglasses will go, along with chapstick, bobby pins, pens, tissues, gum, change, gas receipts (oops), makeup, mini flashlight (backup), leatherman, air gauge, nail clippers, n95 mask with dingleberries, wet wipes, tools, coozies, charging cords, etc.
That pretty much covers it. You only forgot multiple small bottles of hand sanitizer….

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Usually means concealed carry weapon(s), but I haven't heard of a "pack" in those regards typically.
Some, at least some of those who have carried professionally in the military for example, will use a specially designed backpack (which looks normal) to carry the weapon(s) for comfort, or even for a backup piece, along with reloads, first aid kit, water bottle, personal ELB, etc. Discussion of the recommended contents for Every Day Carry, with or without weapons, are almost their own culture.

Lsthrz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S, 2012 LR4
Occupation
Geologist
No Prusa but my Snapmaker should be able to cover this volume.

However I actually quite like it as mostly flat space - the Model Y volume is basically useless or a junk drawer, whereas this would be a perfect place to stick something like a small duffel or messenger for a commute, a lil' supply basket for a long offroad trip (thinking radios, maps, snacks...), etc.

For structure, a little bag like this would be nice, but I'd be worried about it inviting window-smashers if left unattended. Stingray Flat Box Mini MultiCam® Black | Gear Storage | Camp Kitchen - STEP 22 Gear

1649893300989.png
Step 22 makes some nice gear. I’ve got that Stingray. Need to try it in the R1T. The box I’m using was just off the shelf from Target but has worked fine so far.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
You know what that space is perfect for? Food when you get takeout or go through a drive thru
perfect place to dump a bag of loose fries 🤤

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

perfect place to dump a bag of loose fries 🤤
Not sure even that console is big enough to fit a large from Five Guys, and even if it was there isn't enough seating in the truck for people to eat them all.

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Not sure even that console is big enough to fit a large from Five Guys, and even if it was there isn't enough seating in the truck for people to eat them all.
What do you mean a large from Five Guys? You can most definitely fit a take out bag there. I'm talking about the space under the cup holder

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
What do you mean a large from Five Guys?
You know, the one where they fill up the fry container, put it in the bag, the dump another scoop of fries on top of the large cupfull already in the bag……seems like there are always more in the bag no matter how many you eat….

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

You know, the one where they fill up the fry container, put it in the bag, the dump another scoop of fries on top of the large cupfull already in the bag……seems like there are always more in the bag no matter how many you eat….
It's the Mary Poppins handbag of French fries.
Sponsored