OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
This is the first weekend ever that I want to be over before it even starts 😂
SAME. Ugh, I can't believe I have to wait until Monday to find out I have to wait more.
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

That was a nice tidbit of info. Thanks.

OP
OP
SunDevil2213

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
SAME. Ugh, I can't believe I have to wait until Monday to find out I have to wait more.
Hey I’m happy. Last Saturday when I had my First Mile drive, I was still under the impression I’d be several months away from Guide contact as I watched the Rivian drive away. Amazing what can change in 6 days. Since the last I heard was the December email about 1H23 for delivery, my primary question is going to be whether or not my Guide can confirm an updated (hopefully s0--0ner) delivery window.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

I emailed my guide last night and he called me this morning to confirm my configuration and address and then sent me the PBA to sign. However, he said this doesn't mean my delivery window has been moved up from July-Sep. :confused:

OP
OP
SunDevil2213

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Had originally scheduled my guide call for Monday, but she called me at lunch just now. Configuration locked! PBA signed. Unfortunately, she was unable to give me any kind of updated delivery window (not surprised), but being flexible with your configuration choices when a match comes up (she said she'd keep an eye out) seems to exponentially increase your chances of taking delivery ahead of schedule, in her words.

Sponsored

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
I had got an email with a guide assigned on Wednesday (with the intro call this coming Monday) - given my window is so far out I'm thinking this may also be part of their efforts to contact everyone by the end of May per that last communication from Rivian - but of course I'm also hoping this is some really great news about a potential delivery much earlier than anticipated.
Please report back after your Monday call! I have the same configuration as yours but a couple of months earlier pre order date. Exciting indeed!

OakCityJeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Tesla M3, '18 Volvo XC60
Occupation
Consultant
Please report back after your Monday call! I have the same configuration as yours but a couple of months earlier pre order date. Exciting indeed!
So they ended up calling me today(!) to say that my the truck was in the queue. I signed the PBA and was told about 4-6 weeks to delivery. Excited and in quite a bit of shock/disbelief

RFC1918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Porsche Cayman S
Occupation
IT
Had originally scheduled my guide call for Monday, but she called me at lunch just now. Configuration locked! PBA signed. Unfortunately, she was unable to give me any kind of updated delivery window (not surprised), but being flexible with your configuration choices when a match comes up (she said she'd keep an eye out) seems to exponentially increase your chances of taking delivery ahead of schedule, in her words.
I am also in the Phoenix, AZ valley, have almost the exact same configuration as you but Launch Edition and 20" ATs (pre-ordered August 2020). Originally scheduled to receive my vehicle July-Sept 2022. I have not heard a word from a guide yet, and wasn't expecting to until later in the summer.

I have my first mile test drive scheduled this Monday the 2nd. I wonder if they are assigning Guides after first mile drives? Do you think that triggered anything?

OP
OP
SunDevil2213

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
I am also in the Phoenix, AZ valley, have almost the exact same configuration as you but Launch Edition and 20" ATs (pre-ordered August 2020). Originally scheduled to receive my vehicle July-Sept 2022. I have not heard a word from a guide yet, and wasn't expecting to until later in the summer.

I have my first mile test drive scheduled this Monday the 2nd. I wonder if they are assigning Guides after first mile drives? Do you think that triggered anything?
I honestly don't know. I've been told they are not correlated at all, but first mile schedule just appeared in my account page last week, and I scheduled the drive for this past Saturday. Thought that was going to be the end of any kind of information indefinitely (as we've come to expect from Rivian), and then lo and behold, 6 days later, guide assigned, contacted, PBA signed, etc...

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Things are happening....

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

So they ended up calling me today(!) to say that my the truck was in the queue. I signed the PBA and was told about 4-6 weeks to delivery. Excited and in quite a bit of shock/disbelief
Congratulations

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Did any of you who recently locked their configuration ask if changing any option would delay delivery?

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Did any of you who recently locked their configuration ask if changing any option would delay delivery?
I didn't, sorry. My guide just said that any changes would have to go through him. I suppose it will depend on the changes. I can't see how adding adventure gear would impact anything, while changing to max pack would. Things like changing color and wheels could impact timing, but that is going to depend on how they batch production. My guide said they have no insight into that.

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
I don’t think this is accurate. This also shows for me and I'm a Sept. 2021 R1S preorder holder.

OP
OP
SunDevil2213

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
I don’t think this is accurate. This also shows for me and I'm a Sept. 2021 R1S preorder holder.
What don't you think is accurate?
Sponsored