Sponsored

What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian?

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Something smooooooth, sophisticated and drop dead gorgeous like the R1T.....

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I did play "One of these Days" by Ten Years After as my first song........and it was great!

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
Neurologist
Cars - Fear Factory

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I've used Thom Yorke's Black Swan for tuning audio systems since 2006, and thought it would be fitting for my Rivian's first song.

Rivian, to me, is a bit of a Black Swan in the positive sense... I first heard of Rivian the night of November 27, 2018. I watched Rivian's LA auto show reveal.

It was a rare event, seeing a seemingly perfect 7 seat electric quad motor adventure vehicle for my family that I had been dreaming of since my Model S ruined me of gas cars in 2016. It was an unexpected event, as Rivian flew completely under the radar for a decade. AND if Rivian did indeed become successful with their mission, there would be severe positive consequences.

Many of us here on this forum are about to join in the success from the decades of focus, patience, and dedication of RJ AND the fine folks at RIVIAN. On 11/27/2018 when I placed my reservation for an R1S, I was unsure if the company would make it, but I believed in their vision and had hoped over the years for their eventual success.

The time for their success is here, as we're beginning to see from folks on this forum! Rivian is real, and Rivian is about to unleash some Severely Positive Consequences on the auto and delivery industry!

p.s. - now back to FG or LG, 22's or 20's, Black Mountain, or Forest Edge... my time to decide is coming to an end "SOON", I hope!
I’ve had a change of heart.

My first song will be, What Are We Gonna Do? By Dramarama… 🌎

Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ok I've listened to the whole thread and given out some majorly belated likes.

I dont think I have anything thematically relevant but I LOVE all the classic rock and folk posted in this thread.

I think a bit like @SeaGeo I tend to break recommendation algorithms. I easily am down for folk, blue grass, rock, metal, 90s rap, disco, techno, synthwave, indie, electro, 80s/90s pop. Basically whatever.

I think as soon as I am alone with my truck I will be putting some Tiffany on.

But to really test the sound system (especially the bass) I am going to play something like this (edit swapped FBS for Bonobo)

Finally I will wrap up with some Levan Polkka

I have officially ruled out Dora the Explorer theme song.
Not sure how we can still be friends

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Look for WORKOUT TWERKOUT on Spotify when you first get it. I've got a beer with your name on it if you can resist listening.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

As a child of the 70's, you guys have absolutely nailed my preference for classic rock, with a proper dose of alternative and reggae. Thank you.

I've waffled trying to stick to one song, which is nearly impossible, but my current favorites still carry heavy slide guitar, so gonna proffer these guys:

The Record Company - Never Leave You (Official Audio) - YouTube

But my list of road themed driving tunes is long with selected samples not already mentioned in this tremendous post including: Audioslave I Am The Highway, Talking Heads Road to Nowhere, Bob Seger Turn the Page, ZZ Top Nationwide, Springsteen Pink Cadillac, Pearl Jam Long Road, Commander Cody Hot Rod Lincoln, Tupac Picture Me Rollin, Tragically Hip Locked in the Trunk of My Car, and for good measure Marvin Gaye Mercy Mercy Me.

Someone should probably start a playlist thread in Apple or Spotify.
@moosehead,

What an awesome list! On my 15-mile drive home from our EV event in the Portland area today, I found a new shortcut that took just under 50 miles. During that drive I heard Pink Cadillac, Nationwide, Mercy Mercy Me, and Bob Seger's Rambling Gambling Man, all at a volume that drowned out any song the Pirelli Sisters were singing through the twisties that lace our Wine Country. Also, a little later, this live version of Talking Heads' Life During Wartime caused my right foot to get heavy.

I hope someone finds and shares a way to put together our lists, but I'm not that guy. I even suck at playing air guitar, so I need help figuring out the best way to build my soundtracks for different moods, friends, events, and paths.

Thanks again for sharing some of your favorites, and please let us know what wins the award for being your first tune.

Whatever it is, turn it up!

gsqrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 infiniti G37 convertible, 2010 expedition
Occupation
retired computer designer
Clubs

Roy Orbison I drove all night

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
On my 15-mile drive home from our EV event..I found a new shortcut that took just under 50 miles.
The Long Cut! Do it all the time.

My wife still looks at me like I’m nuts when I leave the house just to go for a drive with no particular place to go.
Sponsored