Sponsored

Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
6. Console Organizer

I’m not sure this is the BEST option, and it’s definitely pricey, but I’ve found that 2 small (3L) Patagonia black hole cube bags fit really well vertically in the center console. I use one for truck related things (multi-tool, phone charging cables, etc) and one for personal items (chap stick, gum, etc). The center console is so big, that even with the 2 Patagonia bags, there’s still room for a pack of baby wipes.

https://www.patagonia.com/product/black-hole-packing-cube-3-liters/49361.html
Visually it reminds me of a coffee bean.

Do you have a pic of it in an R1T? I'm curious to see it.
Sponsored

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I would suggest applying Rain-X to the headlights as well. From Kyle's videos for OutOfSpec there were noted issues with the headlights frosting over or getting a bit dirty. Rain-X should help that quite a bit.

BooneRiv

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Tesla MS
Visually it reminds me of a coffee bean.

Do you have a pic of it in an R1T? I'm curious to see it.
I could see coffee bean, especially in that brown color. I went with 2 shades of blue. The center console is great bc it’s so deep, but we found it difficult to find an organizer that fit such a deep space. Not totally sure this is what we’ll stick with, but works pretty well so far.

Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 4DA2C454-4A49-4A75-A026-57594145A70C
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 7976D7DA-E584-4470-859F-E2E80ED32882
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 7DA0BC5F-5AFD-41AD-A191-8F84D7A2D5AD
Rivian R1T R1S Officially Unofficial R1T Aftermarket Accessories Discussion + Reviews 71F2CAE0-CFAE-4249-80C3-712C4D38C953

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
Hard pass on Rain-X for me, at least on the windshield. I've used it and it just farks up the wiper blades. They seem to become softened and leave black smears at the ends of travel when the wipers flip over to reverse direction. Yuck.

I recommend Aqupel. It lasts at least 6 months and won't wreck the wiper blades. It doesn't repel water quiet as well as freshly applied rain-x, but it's easily good enough to not need to use my wipers at freeway speeds. It's way less expensive on eBay if you buy a larger quantity.
Just bought some Aquapel today! Apparently y the best Amazon deals (10-pack) are for a Chinese knockoff. The “real” cartridges have a very large logo on them, made in Pittsburgh. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the tip!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Ok folks, I didn't see a thread on here that was discussing what aftermarket accessories or care products folks were planning to use/purchase when they take delivery of their R1T so I thought I would get things started with my list. I'm only listing non-RIVIAN branded products in my list below as folks have already started covering those in other threads.

This is only a partial list so add yours and lets inspire each other with new products or provide feedback on existing ones!

Accessories
  1. Floor Mats: Weathertech
    1. Normally, I would purchase weathertech mats, but I have ordered the RIVIAN ones and suspect they will be just as good.
  2. Custom Sun Shade: Weathertech
    1. I know some will tint their front windshields, but I'm not really interested in the cost. These custom sun shades are cut specifically for your car and can be used in the winter to attract heat and summer to repel heat (different material on each side).
  3. Frunk Cooler: Dometic Ice Cooler
    1. Since the frunk isn't vented, not sure it will be a good idea to have a powered fridge in the frunk.
  4. Tesla Charging Adapter: Lectron Tesla to J1772 Adapter
    1. I have one of these and have used it several times at hotels where there are tesla destination chargers. Pricey, but a must have for being prepared and having maximum charging options.
  5. Screen Protector for Main Display: ??
    1. Will be a must have to protect that big glass display but I have not been able to find anyone who has made one yet.
  6. Console Organizer: ??
    1. The lack of a glove box means you will need to use the console in the same vein but all appearances are that it is a cavernous hole. An organizer to maximize the utility of the space will be a must have.
  7. Heavy Duty Tire Jack: Torin Hydraulic Bottle Jack
    1. From what I have read/seen, the included jack doesn't inspire confidence so I will likely want to have an upgrade around just in case.
Care + Protection Products
  1. Paint Sealant + Polish kit by Klasse
    1. Been using this for 20 years and as I have mentioned many times before, I'm not a fan of ceramic coatings on paint due to the disproportionate cost vs. durability. Klasse offers protection up to 12 months, has an amazing deep shine, and requires no expensive paint prep. Detailers will apply it for the cost of a typical wax/detail.
  2. Xpel PPF/Window Tint
    1. I have been putting PPF on my cars since 2007 and as long as it is properly applied, is well worth the cost. I typically do the partial kit (bumper, fenders, partial hood, mirrors and headlights).
    2. Window tint is a necessity for keeping UV from destroying the interior and keeping the car cooler during the hot summer months.
  3. Leather Care: Gyeon Quartz Leather Kit
    1. I have used this on the last two vehicles and this is where I think ceramic coating has its benefits because you do not have to do expensive and labor intensive corrections to your vegan leather to apply this. So far, after 2 years I have been impressed with the ability to protect leather seats in our C-Max and prevent dye transfer.
  4. Car Wash Soap: Chemical Guys Ceramic Wash
    1. This stuff foams up like you wouldn't believe and unlike a $2,500 ceramic coating job, allows you to get some of the benefits of ceramic without breaking the bank. Can be used with paint sealant as well.
  5. Plastic+Trim: Cerakote Trim Protection
    1. Easy to apply and durable enough to survive a winter/salt season. Really does make trim look brand new again.
  6. Rain-X
    1. Really does improve visibility and snow/ice comes off the windshield much easier.
  7. Interior Cleaner/Protectant: Chemical Guys
    1. Been using this on my i3 dashboard which is natural wood and it works wonders. Since the R1T has a lot of wood trim, we will need something to keep it looking good.
Ok folks, I didn't see a thread on here that was discussing what aftermarket accessories or care products folks were planning to use/purchase when they take delivery of their R1T so I thought I would get things started with my list. I'm only listing non-RIVIAN branded products in my list below as folks have already started covering those in other threads.

This is only a partial list so add yours and lets inspire each other with new products or provide feedback on existing ones!

Accessories
    1. Normally, I would purchase weathertech mats, but I have ordered the RIVIAN ones and suspect they will be just as good.
    1. I know some will tint their front windshields, but I'm not really interested in the cost. These custom sun shades are cut specifically for your car and can be used in the winter to attract heat and summer to repel heat (different material on each side).
    1. Since the frunk isn't vented, not sure it will be a good idea to have a powered fridge in the frunk.
    1. I have one of these and have used it several times at hotels where there are tesla destination chargers. Pricey, but a must have for being prepared and having maximum charging options.
    1. Will be a must have to protect that big glass display but I have not been able to find anyone who has made one yet.
    1. The lack of a glove box means you will need to use the console in the same vein but all appearances are that it is a cavernous hole. An organizer to maximize the utility of the space will be a must have.
    1. From what I have read/seen, the included jack doesn't inspire confidence so I will likely want to have an upgrade around just in case.
    1. Been using this for 20 years and as I have mentioned many times before, I'm not a fan of ceramic coatings on paint due to the disproportionate cost vs. durability. Klasse offers protection up to 12 months, has an amazing deep shine, and requires no expensive paint prep. Detailers will apply it for the cost of a typical wax/detail.
  2. Xpel PPF/Window Tint
    1. I have been putting PPF on my cars since 2007 and as long as it is properly applied, is well worth the cost. I typically do the partial kit (bumper, fenders, partial hood, mirrors and headlights).
    2. Window tint is a necessity for keeping UV from destroying the interior and keeping the car cooler during the hot summer months.
    1. I have used this on the last two vehicles and this is where I think ceramic coating has its benefits because you do not have to do expensive and labor intensive corrections to your vegan leather to apply this. So far, after 2 years I have been impressed with the ability to protect leather seats in our C-Max and prevent dye transfer.
    1. This stuff foams up like you wouldn't believe and unlike a $2,500 ceramic coating job, allows you to get some of the benefits of ceramic without breaking the bank. Can be used with paint sealant as well.
    1. Easy to apply and durable enough to survive a winter/salt season. Really does make trim look brand new again.
  6. Rain-X
    1. Really does improve visibility and snow/ice comes off the windshield much easier.
    1. Been using this on my i3 dashboard which is natural wood and it works wonders. Since the R1T has a lot of wood trim, we will need something to keep it looking good.
Great list. For the LECTRON adapter. Does the tesla destination evse have to be exactly 40amps or can that be adjusted by the truck?

Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

has anyone with a 3d printer tried to make a center consol tray? I am not sure of the logistics, but seems like it would be a great thing to make

jfornelli

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Tesla Model Y
has anyone with a 3d printer tried to make a center consol tray? I am not sure of the logistics, but seems like it would be a great thing to make
I have a 3D printer but the problem I have is the depth of the console. I'm imagining a criss cross (better word for that?) pattern like this one:
If you have all those sections, it's just so deep still (from what I understand since I don't have a Rivian yet). I wonder if a bi-level configuration might make sense. I also would love it if I could get a console safe in there, but then you couldn't put anything on top of it. <sigh>

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Great list. For the LECTRON adapter. Does the tesla destination evse have to be exactly 40amps or can that be adjusted by the truck?
I don't have the truck, so I can't say personally but it should adjust to the correct amperage. Can anyone confirm?

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
I don't have the truck, so I can't say personally but it should adjust to the correct amperage. Can anyone confirm?
You will have to adjust the truck before you plug it in otherwise you will end up with a paperweight. So buy 48 amp+ from the start. I have inconsistent results from the Lectron, so I am trading it in for the more expensive Teslatap mini. Reviews seem to indicate sometimes issues with Lectron but not the Teslatap.
The Teslatap comes in 40, 60, 80 amps. To get the full 48, I picked the 60 amp version.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You will have to adjust the truck before you plug it in otherwise you will end up with a paperweight. So buy 48 amp+ from the start. I have inconsistent results from the Lectron, so I am trading it in for the more expensive Teslatap mini. Reviews seem to indicate sometimes issues with Lectron but not the Teslatap.
The Teslatap comes in 40, 60, 80 amps. To get the full 48, I picked the 60 amp version.
I couldn't get my 80A mini to work on an 80A destination charger with the Hummer. They had four different chargers and all would fault out the truck. Worked on all the 40A ones I encountered though. Not sure where an 80A is locally to test it out with the Rivian though.

Sponsored

JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, Model X LR, F150L, Artura
Clubs

Accessories
  2. Xpel PPF/Window Tint
  6. Rain-X
Great list although I’d highly recommend the TeslaTap Mini 80. It’s much more compact and supports up to 80AMPs. I use mine daily on a Tesla Wall Charger. Bonus points with 80AMPs you don’t have to worry about what Tesla Destination Chargers are set to. Plenty of people have melted their adapters by mistake assuming Destination Chargers are lower amperage.

http://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=160

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
If someone does, sign me up!

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Thinking about:

1) Better phone mount/charger setup

2) Amp Powersteps either hard wire or OBD

3) Snap in mud flap inserts for front wheels

4) Exterior wrap for greenhouse roof

5) Integrated radar detector/laser

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Great list although I’d highly recommend the TeslaTap Mini 80. It’s much more compact and supports up to 80AMPs. I use mine daily on a Tesla Wall Charger. Bonus points with 80AMPs you don’t have to worry about what Tesla Destination Chargers are set to. Plenty of people have melted their adapters by mistake assuming Destination Chargers are lower amperage.

http://www.umc-j1772.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=160
The 60A is all you need. The Rivian can’t take more than 48A so anything over that is gravy.

Unless you have another EV that can take 80A and want to share the adapter, it’s entirely unnecessary.

JonS

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, Model X LR, F150L, Artura
Clubs

The 60A is all you need. The Rivian can’t take more than 48A so anything over that is gravy.

Unless you have another EV that can take 80A and want to share the adapter, it’s entirely unnecessary.
Fair call, I’m using mine on a Taycan so it could theoretically melt the 60AMP adapter in some edge cases.
Sponsored