kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I was joking with @rhuber that I'm going to add more liquid cooling to it like an old school overclocked gaming PC. Gotta one up @OutofSpecKyle.
I guess we need to break out the welder, we did Pelter cooling with metal plate connected to a mini fridge compressor with a heating element. Im going to assuming we are going past safety protocols lol.
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The present inventor has observed a need for an enhanced thermal management system for electric vehicles that may mitigate degradation of the vehicle range due to extremes of environmental conditions. Exemplary approaches described herein may address such needs.

According to one example, an automotive electric vehicle system includes a high voltage battery system including an enclosure, an electric powertrain system, a radiator, coolant lines that permit coolant flow between the high voltage battery system, the power train system and the radiator, one or more valves for routing coolant along the coolant lines, and a controller configured to control the valves to facilitate the flow of coolant among a plurality of different, selectable coolant flow states involving the high voltage battery system, the powertrain system, and the radiator.

According to another example, a heat transfer system for an electric vehicle includes coolant lines that permit flow of coolant between a high voltage battery system, a power train system, and a radiator. The heat transfer system also includes one or more valves for routing coolant along the coolant lines and a controller configured to control the valves to facilitate the flow of coolant among a plurality of different, selectable coolant flow states involving the high voltage battery system, the powertrain system, and the radiator. The high voltage battery system is configured to serve as a source of heat for another vehicle system.

According to yet another example a method of controlling heat flow between systems of an electric automotive vehicle includes receiving, by at least one data processor, external data to the electric vehicle and sensor data from one or more sensors of the electric vehicle. The electric vehicle includes a high voltage battery system, a powertrain system, and a radiator. A coolant flow state is determined from a plurality of different, selectable coolant flow states involving the high voltage battery system, the powertrain system, and the radiator. Output is provided to a controller to facilitate control of the coolant flow state.

1650339805537.png

Sounds a lot like conditioning, heat control/extraction to me where it can take that stored heat/energy and route it to where it needs to go (High Voltage Batteries) @SeaGeo. The beginings of the idea of "pre-conditioning".
So is this new application materially different than this one from 2018? Or just an update? I'm not that familiar with the patent process and haven't had a chance to diff the content.

https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/df/70/fe/eef47fb7d90bc6/US20180086224A1.pdf

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I was joking with @rhuber that I'm going to add more liquid cooling to it like an old school overclocked gaming PC. Gotta one up @OutofSpecKyle.
Gotta make sure to include some cold cathode lights all around your Rivian if you do that!

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

🤔 would like to hear more about this tailgate.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

EDV Manual + Keyfob Pics

Attachments

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
EDV Manual + Keyfob Pics
Funny how the EDV has proximity unlock for the FOB...

It looks like the EDV and the R1T use the exact same XMM (Experience Management Module) TCM (Telematics Control Module) and VAS (Vehicle Access System), at least their FCC and IC numbers are the same...

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It looks like the EDV and the R1T use the exact same XMM (Experience Management Module) TCM (Telematics Control Module) and VAS (Vehicle Access System), at least their FCC and IC numbers are the same...

Yeap a lot of shared devices and same VIN for R1T letters as well 7FC for amazon vans because its built on R1T chassis.

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor

My FOB was DOA, but I suspect it has proximity and that Rivian just hasn't turned it on. The vehicle knows if the FOB is inside (as reported elsewhere) so it's got to be transmitting some sort of signal.