Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

So if we want to take advantage of having preordered we need to do so by the 23rd or we have no advantage over someone who didn't preorder?

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
So if we want to take advantage of having preordered we need to do so by the 23rd or we have no advantage over someone who didn't preorder?
Worse, you have to order a specific configuration that will be built sooner, or a non-pre-order that does order such a configuration will get theirs before two year pre-order holders get theirs.

Not that this is unexpected, mind you. Most believed this is how it would go down. It was just expected the most desirable options would be built first, which is what is not happening.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I didn't see that info anywhere, only that the public would have access to the configurator on the 23rd. I haven't seen anything that indicated a time frame to convert a reservation to an order.
The would likely still need to place a reservation for an order, then wait like the rest of us.

Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Worse, you have to order a specific configuration that will be built sooner, or a non-pre-order that does order such a configuration will get theirs before two year pre-order holders get theirs.

Not that this is unexpected, mind you. Most believed this is how it would go down. It was just expected the most desirable options would be built first, which is what is not happening.
I disagree. Iā€™m happy with how this is turning out.

steilkurve

First Name
Nic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2022 Model S, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Whatā€˜s not clear to me is if weā€™ll be able to order right away the Adventure version of the R1T with the largest battery pack on November 16th to secure an early delivery when it becomes available in January.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

So looking at what was posted in the other thread, it seems the bonus of preorder is just early access to the configurator. They say that you can "keep configuring your vehicle" as new options and accessories are added and that the delivery will be based on the preorder date. So if someone configures before you do, it doesn't matter for delivery.

I'm interested in the purchase? Lock in? date. Especially with the mention of a long range 7 seat R1S. If my preorder date puts me this time next year and the longer range just a couple of months later, I would probably just wait.

Gonna be an exhausting few months pouring through it all :)

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Whatā€˜s not clear to me is if weā€™ll be able to order right away the Adventure version of the R1T with the largest battery pack on November 16th to secure an early delivery when it becomes available in January.
You should be able to do that. Wouldn't be much point in making people aware of those packages if you couldn't.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
Just got the email confirming that Iā€™ll get another email tomorrow to unlock the configurator.

Iā€™m really interested to see what weā€™ll be able to learn about the larger battery pack pricing and availability, if anything, for the R1S. It will be tough to choose between what has been announced but falls short of expectations and what was previously announced but is now only vaguely referenced, ā€œA longer range R1S with both five- and seven-passenger seating will be announced following start of production.ā€
Sponsored