First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
What a nice drive all of that is! I can't wait to do that same route in my future R1T. Except I will probably waste a day at Mt Princeton Hot Springs in Buena Vista and another few hours at the Golden Burro in Leadville.

Thanks for the trip report. So good to see these typical CO trips are easily accomplished.

Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I always plan to keep these detailed numbers and be a data nerd but when I look back at my notes <sigh>... To answer you question about making the whole trip, maybe, but showing with 68 miles in Frisco and 83 back, well, it would need to be a "Krameresque' type adventure ;)

I know when charging in Frisco I was at about 12% battery and 63 or so miles. Charged to 152 miles (it was a mess as I had to switch EA chargers a few times due to charging tower issues). Frisco to back home is ~83 miles (there was a stop in Idaho Springs for a bit), so should have had 69 miles when arriving but had 93 so that would suggest pretty decent regen. All of these calculations are rough...
Thanks! Perfect excuse for another road trip next weekend. 😁

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
I passed a LG on Sat morning by Hildebrand Ranch Park off Deer Creek, anyone here?

Sponsored

Franksmartin

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software
So you only lost 14% of expected range on a big climb in 30 degrees on AT tires? That is really encouraging. My primary range goal is to make it 185 miles to my ski cabin without a charge stop, looks like it's doable even on ATs. Looks like average speed was in the 50s, were you doing any highway stretches at over 70?

SantaFeSpence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3LR
Occupation
Fun & Games
What a great, scenic road trip! I’m curious as to how many miles you added at the 150kw charger and how long it took to charge.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lsthrz

Lsthrz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S, 2012 LR4
Occupation
Geologist
What a great, scenic road trip! I’m curious as to how many miles you added at the 150kw charger and how long it took to charge.
They have a 350Kw charger but due to a Porsche Taycan that slipped in front of me 🙄, I did use the 150Kw (other 350 not working).
Notes are a little sketchy but believed I arrived at charger with 12% SOC and left with 40% and it took about 35-40 minutes. Hard to say in timing as a number of people like to chat about the Riv at the charger 😊. A lot of recharge on the way down to Denver.

SantaFeSpence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3LR
Occupation
Fun & Games
Man, that sounds like a really slow charge rate. I believe Rivian plans on its vehicles being able to charge at 300kw, but are they able to now?

SantaFeSpence

First Name
Spence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3LR
Occupation
Fun & Games
Well, if true, that’s disappointing. So even if the OP was able to get to the 350kw charger, the R1T still would only charge at a 150-180kwh rate?
Sponsored