kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I wonder if they are going to release any of the camera crews footage?
Im guessing a full Rivian Video release!
Sponsored

OP
OP
aAlpine

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Emme mentioned the cables hanging underneath the truck and also complained about them. The engineers assured her they would be gone in the final version.
Thank goodness, great news for any of us that will take these off the pavement.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Thank goodness, great news for any of us that will take these off the pavement.
Their presence would also counter the effort they put into aero optimization so it didn't seem likely the danglies would make it to production.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Their presence would also counter the effort they put into aero optimization so it didn't seem likely the danglies would make it to production.
Too many potential "danglies" jokes, and I'm not talking about chads.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The video that Rivian put together in the Rebelle will premier in the Laguna Beach Film Festival
Nov12-15
I just tried to find the film about the Rally, but didn't see it. Rivian is a sponsor of the Coast Film Festival, but no mention of a Rally film...

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I just tried to find the film about the Rally, but didn't see it. Rivian is a sponsor of the Coast Film Festival, but no mention of a Rally film...
Yeah can't find it either. Emme mentioned they were going to show it there, so I'm not sure. Could it be they decided to delay it for the configurator release...

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Looks like Emme is waiting like all of us for the full video, but Rebecca has a better idea of when the video will come out:
"A long trailer played there but the whole docu short is not out yet. I believe a shorter version of the trailer will be out on social momentarily then the full length short on youtube 11/23"

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T to participate in the 2020 Rebelle Rally [Update: 6th Place Finish] SmartSelect_20201115-161134_Twitter

Last edited:

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
This looks like a new article about the Rebelle Rally:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/dri...les-an-8-day-desert-adventure-in-an-electric/

Nothing groundbreaking in it, but still a decent read. This was my favorite part:
" Peter Herath, one of two engineers Rivian sent as support staff to fix the R1T, instead found himself largely working on competitorsʼ vehicles, everything from Jeeps to G-Class Mercedes. "

And what they're up to next:
" The next R1T prototypes have already been altered based on the information collected from Hall and Donagheʼs successful completion, and those vehicles are now headed to wintertime testing grounds in northern Minnesota. "

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
This looks like a new article about the Rebelle Rally:
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/dri...les-an-8-day-desert-adventure-in-an-electric/

Nothing groundbreaking in it, but still a decent read. This was my favorite part:
" Peter Herath, one of two engineers Rivian sent as support staff to fix the R1T, instead found himself largely working on competitorsʼ vehicles, everything from Jeeps to G-Class Mercedes. "

And what they're up to next:
" The next R1T prototypes have already been altered based on the information collected from Hall and Donagheʼs successful completion, and those vehicles are now headed to wintertime testing grounds in northern Minnesota. "
Paywalled. ?