Sponsored

RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Might check if you can use a USB keyboard to type the missing character.

But it could also be a character escaping bug. Quote marks in user input are a classic (and therefore embarrassing) cause of bugs.
Sponsored

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
I spied the delivery guys staging about 10 minutes before our appointment just around the corner. They were giving the glass one last buff making sure everything was shiny.

IMG_8393.png

First time seeing Rivian Blue up close and in person. It's not exactly what we expected from any photos but quite stunning. And sun, shadows, overcast are all a little different and amazing.

We had a little bit of paperwork to do. Wet signatures required for title application, power of attorney, and the trade-in title. They said they had to remove the plate from our trade-in, which seemed odd until I realized it's an IL transaction not a WA one.

IMG_8397.png

We set up our apps and driver profiles. Found two minor bugs during the process. The first is some placeholder text on the range projection interface (it's using what appears to be placeholder text, not the actual installed wheel type). The second was a little more irksome. Our wifi password has an apostrophe -- a normal, non-directional apostrophe. But the pop-up keyboard only offers an opening quote shaped apostrophe. So it's not currently connected to wifi until I create it its own SSID as a temporary workaround. So there's that... In all fairness, these are minor things and the guys who were here took detailed notes and photos to report back and get it fixed.

IMG_8399.png

Let's see... set up was pretty painless. Played with the screen a bit. The charging pad is fussy, especially with the camera bump on my iPhone. But without CarPlay, I'm pretty sure we'll be looking for some kind of vent/window/dash mount for the driver's phone anyways. Didn't play with USB connection of any phones and didn't really mess with music yet. Bluetooth implementation had contacts, music controls, etc. -- all the features you'd expect from Bluetooth packaged in a well-made UI. We did not enable Alexa.

We took it for a quick spin. The truck floats over the potholes in all purpose mode. Our test drive was in the rain, so today we got to actually gun it getting onto the highway. The giggle is involuntary. And apparently it was holding back 20% of the torque because we weren't in sport mode.

We took some delivery pictures and then the guys drove off in the FJ (only one of the two could drive stick -- good thing he was there :CWL:).

IMG_8402.jpg

IMG_8404.png

IMG_8405.png

We'll figure out somewhere fun to take it this weekend.
Can you say more about the blue? What didn’t you expect?

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I'm not good at describing colors ?

I feel like photos flatten or simplify the color -- it has more depth and character in person. In the afternoon sun, it was almost as if there were hints of green.

Photos just don't do it justice, and there's still room to be wowed when you see it up close.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I'm not good at describing colors ?

I feel like photos flatten or simplify the color -- it has more depth and character in person. In the afternoon sun, it was almost as if there were hints of green.

Photos just don't do it justice, and there's still room to be wowed when you see it up close.
Couldn't agree more!

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
These new delivery pics in blue are tremendous from all of you guys. In shade it seems to deepen and is spectacular, morphs a bit in indirect light, and then just blows up in sunlight. Have usually only seen that on metallics.

Also love the fact that Rivian is changing the ubiquitous "shades of grey" in the auto world.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
These new delivery pics in blue are tremendous from all of you guys. In shade it seems to deepen and is spectacular, morphs a bit in indirect light, and then just blows up in sunlight. Have usually only seen that on metallics.

Also love the fact that Rivian is changing the ubiquitous "shades of grey" in the auto world.
Rivian Blue is a metallic paint.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
This pic is shamelessly lifted from my husband's Reddit post. He got out the big camera and the calibration thingy. Turn off Night Shift because this is as close as it gets to real life.

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos 20220310-DSC_7516

Last edited:

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

This pic is shamelessly lifted from my husband's Reddit post. He got out the big camera and the calibration thingy. Turn off Night Shift because this is as close as it gets to real life.

20220310-DSC_7516.jpg
Thing of beauty!

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I’m very happy to announce that my truck showed up today! Delivery process was super super easy. Took it around for a drive and it was amazing! Well worth the wait in every regard

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos 807965DB-F6CB-4CD8-A8B3-7E609A9C7662
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos 3DFB0C79-8948-499B-BF2E-CDF00FC8FD3D
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos 7AC85C83-F073-479F-8E3D-A3E44FD86AEB

Sponsored

Brwood14608

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future R1T Adventure
Occupation
Firefighter
I saw this color this weekend in person and my god is it amazing!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Beautiful day here today. Not sure what's going on with the rear, didn't notice until this photo. Could just be lens distortion but I'm gonna check if it's just because the truck is laid out.
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos PXL_20220329_153617237

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
I spied the delivery guys staging about 10 minutes before our appointment just around the corner. They were giving the glass one last buff making sure everything was shiny.

IMG_8393.png

Wouldn't it be easy to just change your wifi password?

First time seeing Rivian Blue up close and in person. It's not exactly what we expected from any photos but quite stunning. And sun, shadows, overcast are all a little different and amazing.

We had a little bit of paperwork to do. Wet signatures required for title application, power of attorney, and the trade-in title. They said they had to remove the plate from our trade-in, which seemed odd until I realized it's an IL transaction not a WA one.

IMG_8397.png

We set up our apps and driver profiles. Found two minor bugs during the process. The first is some placeholder text on the range projection interface (it's using what appears to be placeholder text, not the actual installed wheel type). The second was a little more irksome. Our wifi password has an apostrophe -- a normal, non-directional apostrophe. But the pop-up keyboard only offers an opening quote shaped apostrophe. So it's not currently connected to wifi until I create it its own SSID as a temporary workaround. So there's that... In all fairness, these are minor things and the guys who were here took detailed notes and photos to report back and get it fixed.

IMG_8399.png

Let's see... set up was pretty painless. Played with the screen a bit. The charging pad is fussy, especially with the camera bump on my iPhone. But without CarPlay, I'm pretty sure we'll be looking for some kind of vent/window/dash mount for the driver's phone anyways. Didn't play with USB connection of any phones and didn't really mess with music yet. Bluetooth implementation had contacts, music controls, etc. -- all the features you'd expect from Bluetooth packaged in a well-made UI. We did not enable Alexa.

We took it for a quick spin. The truck floats over the potholes in all purpose mode. Our test drive was in the rain, so today we got to actually gun it getting onto the highway. The giggle is involuntary. And apparently it was holding back 20% of the torque because we weren't in sport mode.

We took some delivery pictures and then the guys drove off in the FJ (only one of the two could drive stick -- good thing he was there :CWL:).

IMG_8402.jpg

IMG_8404.png

IMG_8405.png

We'll figure out somewhere fun to take it this weekend.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
Couldn't help notice the charger is on the outside (instead of inside the garage). Aren't you worried that someone might charge off it when no one is there?
No, not something I've worried about at all. Pulling into someone's driveway is pretty bold. And if they do, they probably need that $1.25 of electricity pretty badly...

I installed the outdoor pedestals just a few months ago, but for 5 years before that, we've kept the plug from an in-garage charger outside strung under the door. Never had anyone pull into our driveway to steal power.
Sponsored