John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
-Power Tailgate
-Upgraded interior material (not leather, but something vegan)
-22" Wheels
-Top-o-the-line stereo (Paradigm)
-Power Frunk
-Bed lights, additional accessories
-power-sliding rear window
-Roof/bed racks
I think the power frunk and power tailgate will be included.
Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
I'm just here to let you all know how disappointed I am that nobody has replied "OK Boomer".

Now trying to get us back on track...What options do you think will be included in the $69K starting price?

So far it's been moderately confirmed that the $69K is the mid-level battery pack and the electrochromatic roof. But we also know that RJ said it would also be a well equipped model, so what additional options might be included? My completely wild-a$$ guesses:
-mid-level stereo (if such an option exists)
-Power Tonneau Cover
-20" Wheels

Excluded:
-Power Tailgate
-22" Wheels
-Power Frunk
-Roof/bed racks

What say you?

Hmmmm

Good question

Included
- Power Tonneau Cover
- Power Frunk/Tailgate

Excluded
- Level 3 Autonomous
- 22 in wheels
- Power Rear Window
- Rack System

My burning CONFIG questions are
1) What does the removable option look like? Cost vs Electrochromatic?, Noise differences? T-Top?
2) How much is autonomous gonna cost? How functional is it? I want this option for my airport commutes

Everything else I expect to be a "reasonable price". I love the idea of the removable speakers, built in flashlights, hell I even want the kitchen but I know that is going to be $$$$ The big ticket items are going to be roof and autonomous.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Hmmmm

Good question

Included
- Power Tonneau Cover
- Power Frunk/Tailgate

Excluded
- Level 3 Autonomous
- 22 in wheels
- Power Rear Window
- Rack System

My burning CONFIG questions are
1) What does the removable option look like? Cost vs Electrochromatic?, Noise differences? T-Top?
2) How much is autonomous gonna cost? How functional is it? I want this option for my airport commutes

Everything else I expect to be a "reasonable price". I love the idea of the removable speakers, built in flashlights, hell I even want the kitchen but I know that is going to be $$$$ The big ticket items are going to be roof and autonomous.
I dont think the power rear window will be an option since they have the gear tunnel...

RobBot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
I'm just here to let you all know how disappointed I am that nobody has replied "OK Boomer".
I was very tempted. And in a way, I kinda did.

Now trying to get us back on track...What options do you think will be included in the $69K starting price?
I know what I'd like to be included. Honestly I'd be pretty happy with power frunk and powered tonneau cover and that's pretty much it.

Honestly I can't even think of how many options they really can put on it considering they're doing all crew cab.

I thought I heard that all vehicles would have Level 3 autonomy (eventually). Am I crazy?

Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)

I know what I'd like to be included. Honestly I'd be pretty happy with power frunk and powered tonneau cover and that's pretty much it.

Honestly I can't even think of how many options they really can put on it considering they're doing all crew cab.

I thought I heard that all vehicles would have Level 3 autonomy (eventually). Am I crazy?
There's been an occasional article about what they intend to do. Their youtube channel also has a video about their autonomous effort. This article from last year has some info too: https://www.teslarati.com/rivian-full-self-driving-ignores-driver-input-tesla-autopilot/

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt

So far it's been moderately confirmed that the $69K is the mid-level battery pack and the electrochromatic roof. But we also know that RJ said it would also be a well equipped model, so what additional options might be included? My completely wild-a$$ guesses:
-mid-level stereo (if such an option exists)
-Power Tonneau Cover
-20" Wheels

Excluded:
-Power Tailgate
-22" Wheels
-Power Frunk
-Roof/bed racks

What say you?
I sure hope the 69k gets me the electrochroamatic roof and 135kwh pack, thats the kicker for me. Anything less and I'm out.

Power lift gate and frunk- don't care, just more stuff to break.

interior material- they could follow Tesla's model 3/y route and just use the same "fake leather " material in different colors and just differentiate trims based on colors?

Sliding rear window and roof/bed racks do get me excited and are something I would spring for.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I mentioned it on a different thread, but for those that have not seen it, Rivian has removed all mention of the $69.9/$72.5 starting prices for each vehicle on their support page.
It's still mentioned on the R1T/S product pages (at the very bottom) but it does appear they are starting to revamp the web site in preparation for the launch of the configurator. While we know there is a lot happening behind the scenes, it's a lot more satisfying to actually have some visible forward progress with web site updates, the opening of the Customer Engagement Center, news of Rivian spec Pirelli tires, etc.

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

It's still mentioned on the R1T/S product pages (at the very bottom) but it does appear they are starting to revamp the web site in preparation for the launch of the configurator. While we know there is a lot happening behind the scenes, it's a lot more satisfying to actually have some visible forward progress with web site updates, the opening of the Customer Engagement Center, news of Rivian spec Pirelli tires, etc.
Good catch....I missed that. It definitely is not as predominately placed as it was earlier on...They had originally placed it in the Support section. Looking forward to more changes.

ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee

If level 3 autonomous is excluded from the 69k price im out. Hard no for me, it's the only thing keeping me from waiting for an electric F-150. I could accept not having a power frunk or rear gate, but because they've already advertised these features id be extremely disappointed.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think the "Starting" price actually refers to the minimum equipment that they will build for on day 1. They've said before that the 105kWh pack isn't going to be in production right away. Anyone thinking they'll get a Rivian R1T for less than the starting price next year is going to be disappointed. They don't want to be like Tesla and make promises that take years to hit (if even at all, like the Model Y SR going away).

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
My understanding is that the lvl 3 hardware(lidar, sonar, cameras etc...) Will be included. Actual lvl 3 abilities will be enabled at a later date. Whether an additional fee to activate is involved, I don't know.
Sponsored