First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I assume 200 miles is achievable in off-road conditions.
No doubt about it as long as the off road conditions (including the weather) and your driving habits are such as to allow it.

I keep saying it: it's the same physics, same as you have experienced before. There are three tyoes of people that understand this
1)People who have traveled in ICE vehicles to places where refueling stops are few and far between
2)People which have flown airplanes (same as 1) really)
3)People who have driven BEVs

People who have been driving ICE vehicles in suburban/urban America have never had to worry about such considerations.

Last edited:

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
trickflow said:
I assume 200 miles is achievable in off-road conditions.

No doubt about it as long as the off road conditions (including the weather) and your driving habits are such as to allow it.

I keep saying it: it's the same physics, same as you have experienced before. There are three tyoes of people that understand this
1)People who have traveled in ICE vehicles to places where refueling stops are few and far between
2)People which have flown airplanes (same as 1) really)
3)People who have driven BEVs

People who have been driving ICE vehicles in suburban/urban America have never had to worry about such considerations.
Never stated that.

Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
Never stated that.
The fact that it was there but isn't any more doesn't mean that nobody said it. It just means they subsequently removed it. But there was no reason to. It is quite reasonable to assume that 200 miles range can be achieved off road under the right conditions. That' what I want people to understand. If you get away from the conditions under which the EPA consumption data was measured you are going to find consumption substantially different from the EPA value.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The fact that it was there but isn't any more doesn't mean that nobody said it. It just means they subsequently removed it. But there was no reason to. It is quite reasonable to assume that 200 miles range can be achieved off road under the right conditions. That' what I want people to understand. If you get away from the conditions under which the EPA consumption data was measured you are going to find consumption substantially different from the EPA value.
Somebody absolutely said it and the post is still there. You simply attributed the quote to the wrong person. That was the point @trickflow wanted you to understand.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE Retired
If Rivian expects the truck to get 220 in those conditions and Emme’s 167 is correct (and she probably drove the snot out of it), I assume 200 miles is achievable in off-road conditions.
OK. There it is correctly attributed. Sorry if any one got ruffled feathers. But as I say it's not something to be ashamed of. It's quite reasonable.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Looks like the sand range is due to not using any regen braking since the sand was so soft and she didn't want to get stuck thus she always had her foot on the accelerator.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
They also had different driving modes, an aerodynamic mode, a mall crawler and an off road mode.
Emme also recharged @ ~30% to 80% in the afternoons and she would finish with ~25%
Compressor was also a bit slow, 3-4 min per tire from 22 to 38psi
Sponsored

Last edited: