First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
Anyone else notice that in the sixth episode of ‘Long Way Up’ there is no frunk on the prototypes. There’s a couple of clear shots while they’re making roadside repairs and the frunk compartment is full of machinery. Somehow the prototype design is different.
My guess is its all the monitoring gear, sensors, computers and anything else they might need access to without putting the R!T on a lift. If I could make it easy to access for a huge journey thats what I would do.
Sponsored

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
As of now the standings show Rivians team at first place.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
As of now the standings show Rivians team at first place.
I saw that! Feel very good about that.

Seeing preproduction R1Ts in Long Way Up didn't feel the same. Seeing this one in the Rebelle Rally really makes them feel real. :like: Exciting.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
1st place according to points so far.
Yeah. Looks like these last check points will decide who ends up in first place at the end of the day. They are all gathered around a black mark, but there seem to be 2 left and a blue one. Does anyone know if they charged at any point today?! I think they mentioned that today was going to be the longest route.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T to participate in the 2020 Rebelle Rally [Update: 6th Place Finish] SmartSelect_20201011-201341_YB Races

cryogen97

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Cx9, Ford Edge
Clubs

They did stop just off the road for about 45 minutes right around 12:30. I'm guessing they were charging. I see they took the lead at the end of the day which makes for a good story if they actually pull off an overall win. Even though I know it's not a performance competition.

TJM

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford E-350 7.6L Power Stroke
Occupation
Retired
If anyone is wondering if there will be video of the R1T's performance in the Rebelle Rally, wonder no more:

" Team Killer Watt - #140 (Emme Hall/Rebecca Donaghe) capitalized on the situation to take the win in 4x4 on Stage 2 and move atop the overall standings. Despite the pressure of being followed by a full production crew to document their rally piloting the Rivian R1T, Team Killer Watt maintained their cool to edge out Team Blondetourage - #125 (Kaleigh Miller/Teralin Petereit) on Stage 2." - from Rebelle Rally's FB page today

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Looks like they've had a rough day today...

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T to participate in the 2020 Rebelle Rally [Update: 6th Place Finish] 20201012_154103

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Any details regarding that penalty?

stingerdav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan Pro-4x, Subaru Ascent
They just said that they've had two issues, one with the car, one with the charger. The charger was too hot yesterday and the Rivian had to charge at lower than max rate, so the announcers weren't sure if it got a full charge. They also said the Rivian is not charging the 12v battery correctly, so for the day, the team is not turning the car off because they aren't confident they will be able to start it again.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I'm wondering if 12v batteries could be dispensed with by installing redundant step down transformers from the enormous energy source under the floorboards. The BMW i3 (my current EV) is noted for having 12v battery issues too. I'm guessing the 12v batteries are charged by some sort of generators capturing movement, and that entire failure chain might be bypassed.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
I'm wondering if 12v batteries could be dispensed with by installing redundant step down transformers from the enormous energy source under the floorboards. The BMW i3 (my current EV) is noted for having 12v battery issues too. I'm guessing the 12v batteries are charged by some sort of generators capturing movement, and that entire failure chain might be bypassed.
No generator for the 12v, it is charged from the battery pack when the vehicle is on.

But only when it works! <wink>

They (mfrs) don't want to dispense with the 12v batteries due to phantom drain and overcharging issues. Keep it simple. The computers run from the 12v, the motors run from the pack.
Sponsored