Sponsored

JMR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep GC WK2 | Previously: Audi SQ5, GMC Canyon, many others
I was surprised to see how cleverly outfitted their Cullinan was last year. It makes a lot more sense to have all the dangling interior wires while trying to install some of the equipment.. Mostly the black power switch between the Terra trip and calculator.

Excited to hear some of the first non-Rivian driving experiences from them! (largely haven't been discussed in Long Way Up)

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T to participate in the 2020 Rebelle Rally [Update: 6th Place Finish] rebelle-rall-off-road-women-04-ht-llr-200922_1600790816796_hpEmbed_3x2_992

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian R1T to participate in the 2020 Rebelle Rally [Update: 6th Place Finish] rolls-royce-cullinan-proves-victorious-in-all-female-off-road-rebelle-rally
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Looks like last charge before the Rally

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
We've seen a number of wraps on the R1T, like this one. I wonder if vinyl wraps will be an option? I would think they'd be a good option for going off-road as a wrap ought to hold up better to scrapes and scratches than paint. Anyone have experience with wraps?

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Let us be very realistic here;

Does the Rivian stand a chance to place anywhere in the top of this event? I understand they have a good crew and navigators. But watching Long way up made me see just how fast range can disappear solely due to environment. Having to go through harsh terrain I am wondering how far they can go on a charge and how often they will need to stop to use their fast charge stations. 1200 miles in 10 days seems very reasonable averaging 120 a day but I am curious about they effects of the terrain on range. Thoughts? And let’s be realistic

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Let us be very realistic here;

Does the Rivian stand a chance to place anywhere in the top of this event? I understand they have a good crew and navigators. But watching Long way up made me see just how fast range can disappear solely due to environment. Having to go through harsh terrain I am wondering how far they can go on a charge and how often they will need to stop to use their fast charge stations. 1200 miles in 10 days seems very reasonable averaging 120 a day but I am curious about they effects of the terrain on range. Thoughts? And let’s be realistic
Hmmmm - I always try to be honest and realistic... I watched highlights from last years event and I didn't think speed was too much of a factor. Lot's of slower navigating looking for way points and flags which to me means that range should not be a major factor for them. I do realize that they have to get to the "green flag" by a certain time but it felt more like an Easter egg hunt than a speed race. I am not sure what group they are competing against since there are several categories. However, I will be very disappointed if range affects them too much as compared to the other ice vehicles in their group.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Hmmmm - I always try to be honest and realistic... I watched highlights from last years event and I didn't think speed was too much of a factor. Lot's of slower navigating looking for way points and flags which to me means that range should not be a major factor for them. I do realize that they have to get to the "green flag" by a certain time but it felt more like an Easter egg hunt than a speed race. I am not sure what group they are competing against since there are several categories. However, I will be very disappointed if range affects them too much as compared to the other ice vehicles in their group.
They'll be in the 4x4 class. Its not a race to the finish, but the winner is the best navigator. Def not a Dakar rally.
There were just in a podcast if you are interested.
Sadly there is still an embargo for their reviews until the end of the rally.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
They'll be in the 4x4 class. Its not a race to the finish, but the winner is the best navigator. Def not a Dakar rally.
There were just in a podcast if you are interested.
Sadly there is still an embargo for their reviews until the end of the rally.

Here is another podcast with Emme

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Anywhere to watch them ? I don’t have social media FYI so I’d need some other means

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Anywhere to watch them ? I don’t have social media FYI so I’d need some other means
I think they'll post clips in the rebellerally website
Also, I just saw this. Looks like they'll go live later today

Last edited:

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Not much info on the Rebelle Rally website. And most pages haven’t been updated since last year.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Not much info on the Rebelle Rally website. And most pages haven’t been updated since last year.
Hopefully, that will change by tomorrow. I tried the live tracking button and it shows it at day zero.