Sponsored

Rivian confirmed for NY Auto Show, with pre-show invite only event

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
So... Will the Rivian be at the actual show for the public or only for the pre-show?
I would certainly hope the vehicle(s) will be available to the public. It would be very short-sided of Rivian not to after the cost of transporting them out there, and more importantly, to miss an opportunity to drum up more interest (read: pre-orders). So why wouldn't you have them available for the public to oogle and google and drool over ... ahh, I mean look over. :like: :handsinair:

R1T for ME

First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Toyota Highlander, R1T Reservation Holder
They will be there for the entire show. Here is a screen grab from twitter...
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirmed for NY Auto Show, with pre-show invite only event Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 8.53.43 PM

Bigheadrich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85D, GMC Yukon Denali,Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, GMC pickup
Got mine but can't make it :( If only it were on a weekend I would try and make a weekend trip to NY and visit some family too.

Can someone please ask how many deposits they've received so far?
I ordered an R1T but didn't get the invite. They said it was full already. I am going to go to the show. Do you know if you're invite could be transferred?

R1T for ME

First Name
C.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Toyota Highlander, R1T Reservation Holder
The event is fully booked. Some people are on the waiting list. Invite cannot be transferred as it said the invite was only for who was receiving the invite and 1 guest.

Sponsored

Bigheadrich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85D, GMC Yukon Denali,Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, GMC pickup
The event is fully booked. Some people are on the waiting list. Invite cannot be transferred as it said the invite was only for who was receiving the invite and 1 guest.
Ok thank you

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I'm evaluating making the trek from the West coast to NYC for the Friday special preview. Also thinking of taking my 7yo grandson as well - tickets for the NYC auto show are certainly inexpensive. Is anyone else here going? If there are 10k people in that Friday preview then I think I'll pass, but if it's 200...would be nice to meet and greet RJS.
I think the invite said 21 and up. Did you get a confirmed ticket to the preview?

krcossin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Suburban LTZ + 19 Volvo XC40
I was tempted to travel to NY after getting the invite, but my schedule wouldn't allow me to.
Here are a few crazy thoughts/questions I wish someone would ask:
How do you activate "tank mode"?
Can you select to deactivate the front axles to reduce power need, save on battery?
Will Rivian team up with GM to include an Onstar service and have over the air updates?
Will GM dealership network going to be trained to service the Rivian's?
Are they planning on the throttle pedal or brake pedal being the regen activation, or will they include a left hand paddle behind the steering wheel similar to the Volt?
Is there a head's up display on the dash optional/standard?
Will the vehicles have full autonomous with the ability to drive up a mountain, getting out skiing/snowboarding down the mountain and the vehicle waiting for the driver at the pre-determined lower elevation location? My mind would be blown.
Is the media interface in house developed, or Google's android operating system?

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
I got an invite but cannot go. I'm hoping the Rivian will make it to the Miami Auto Show later this year.

If anyone who is going gets a chance to sit in the R1S, could you please report on second-row seating space? I hope people who do go will flood this thread with photos. :bow:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirmed for NY Auto Show, with pre-show invite only event image

Hydro

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
still searching
I'll be going, got my air fare and hotel. Unfortunately, I was waitlisted when I RSVP'd. Anyone got an open +1 they might be willing to share?!? I'll be willing to ask any questions, take any photos, or record any video you might want!
Please do! Hope they allow pics and videos since it's not like this is some kind of sneak peek. But it will be good to see some actual potential buyers get up close and help us on the forum answer a few burning questions.

Sponsored

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
Hah... just got a confirmation for the April 12th private showing in NY. It’s being split into 2 ‘waves’ 4-6 PM and 7-9 PM. Attending the 7-9 ‘wave’.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirmed for NY Auto Show, with pre-show invite only event 1E9504E6-9011-4487-A5F1-5F20B5B2EBF9

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

Sounds like we have many members who will be attending the private event. :like:

If anyone attending is interested in covering the event for this site, please PM me for details. Thanks!

Rod.D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sounds like we have many members who will be attending the private event. :like:

If anyone attending is interested in covering the event for this site, please PM me for details. Thanks!
Attending, would be happy to send you a bunch pictures.

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne

scottkillmer

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lexus rx350, chevy 1500
April 12 NY Preview: Received an invite to the NY event, but didn’t see it for a few days. By the time I responded the event was ‘full’ - am currently waitlisted. If a slot opens up I’ll attend.
i have +1 canceling on me . i assume can replace. if so c'mon.
Sponsored