Expedite

mrpl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Occupation
Technology
At the risk of creating issues with QC, I really hope that Rivian is going to kick their manufacturing into high gear. It would be great to start seeing these delivered by the end of 2020; or sooner. I know it is a balancing act to have reliability baked in so I'm sure they want as close to perfection as possible.

I'm wondering why Elon has not lowered the price of his vehicles to really jump-start their sales. The scales seem to be really tipping toward the EV market worldwide. With the advent of new battery technology, I see those scales tipping even further and faster. Step on the accelerator (not gas) Rivian!
Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
why Elon has not lowered the price of his vehicles to really jump-start their sales
He hasn't lowered prices because they would likely be selling at a loss and because they are supply constrained. I.E. They are currently selling every car they can make, so lowering the price would not increase sales. They will gradually lower the price of their current crop of vehicles as their costs come down and their supply of vehicles increase (when some or all of the factories they have under construction are completed).

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
While it would be undoubtedly cool to see Rivians on the road by the end of the year, I’m highly highly doubtful that we will.

Rivian has always had an attitude of “slow and steady” with everything they do, so it would be highly out of character for them to just floor it and put out the cars 6-8 months early.

Personally, I’d much rather wait the extra half a year or so if it means that the final product will be close to perfect. Waiting is frustrating, but rushing (especially at the cost of finished quality) is worse

OP
OP

mrpl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Expedition
Occupation
Technology
He hasn't lowered prices because they would likely be selling at a loss and because they are supply constrained. I.E. They are currently selling every car they can make, so lowering the price would not increase sales. They will gradually lower the price of their current crop of vehicles as their costs come down and their supply of vehicles increase (when some or all of the factories they have under construction are completed).
While it would be undoubtedly cool to see Rivians on the road by the end of the year, I’m highly highly doubtful that we will.

Rivian has always had an attitude of “slow and steady” with everything they do, so it would be highly out of character for them to just floor it and put out the cars 6-8 months early.

Personally, I’d much rather wait the extra half a year or so if it means that the final product will be close to perfect. Waiting is frustrating, but rushing (especially at the cost of finished quality) is worse
just hope the population/environment can withstand the wait. I might have to error on the side of environmental caution sooner than later.
Sponsored