Sponsored

Lucid Air over 500 miles on a charge!

Tyker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3
I am really looking forward to their global reveal for some additional details. I am also hoping that their demonstration of the SUV makes it much more appealing then those leaked pictures. Impressive stuff coming out of Lucid.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S P90D; 2018 Honda Odyssey
@Hmp10 , are you going for the $170K (before tax credits) Dream edition?
I am. My 2015 Tesla Model S P90D, with less technology, less performance, less space, and fewer amenities cost me $128,000 five years ago. So I was kinda expecting a price of $150k or more.

However, the Lucid sales staff was caught off guard by the story that broke on pricing today. I and several other reservation holders have talked with our sales reps, none of whom were sure the article was accurate.

Sponsored

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The "Teslarati" article said the $169k car is "comparable to a performance configuration." "Teslarati" seems to be referring to the tri-motor car, which Lucid calls its "Performance" version. However, Rawlinson said in an interview at the Sonoma Raceway that the tri-motor car would not be produced until "later in 2021".

The car that did the quarter mile in 9.912 seconds with a trap speed of 144.4 mph was a dual-motor car (labeled a Dream Edition in the Sonoma Raceway video). Lucid also ran a tri-motor car at the same raceway that day. Alex Guberman of "E for Electric", who was there to observe, said the tri-motor car beat those times, but he was "embargoed" from revealing more information at that time.

The tri-motor car's motors are each rated at 670 hp and 2950 lb/ft of torque. As indicated by the 1,080 hp that the dual motor car puts to the wheels, there are some losses due to battery limitations and drivetrain losses. Even with those reductions, the tri-motor car is probably going to put over 1,500 hp to the wheels and God only knows how much torque, putting this 5-passenger luxury sedan among the half dozen quickest production cars on the planet, whether EV or ICE.

I have a feeling the "Teslarati" article is confused. It seems likely that the $169k car will be the dual-motor car, with the tri-motor car about a year away. Who knows what it will cost . . . .

Hmp10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Lucid Air will be revealed online tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. PDT (7:00 p.m. EDT). The new Lucid website with full configuration details is supposed to go live shortly before the beginning of the reveal.

Anyone who wants to watch the reveal can go to lucidmotors.com, look for the "calendar" tab, move it to your calendar, and activate the feed from there.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
The Lucid Air will be revealed online tomorrow at 4:00 p.m. PDT (7:00 p.m. EDT). The new Lucid website with full configuration details is supposed to go live shortly before the beginning of the reveal.

Anyone who wants to watch the reveal can go to lucidmotors.com, look for the "calendar" tab, move it to your calendar, and activate the feed from there.
Looks like they'll show it here too

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Definitely a good looking vehicle.

Sponsored

Rob P

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Range Rover HSE Supercharged, 2014 BMW 650 convertible, 2014 Mercedes C class wife, 4 Dodge Rams trucks for work
Occupation
Own a Landscape and Christmas decorating company
I was hoping it would be closer to 100k which is my cap but I am glad a next gen EV is something that people will aspire to. It will help bolster the transition to EVs. I love the reclining rear seats . So sweet.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Seems like a lot of impressive technology built in house. I look forward to learning more details like this from Rivian.

I also checked out their configurator & it's pretty cool. I hope we see Rivian's soon!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The Gravity looks intriguing. The more I see of the design, the more I am starting to like it. If the interior is as nice as the Air and with a similar price point, I'm not sure I can imaging hauling kids and dogs around in one. Perhaps, like Rivian, they will choose materials and finishes that are "made to get used".

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I also checked out their configurator & it's pretty cool. I hope we see Rivian's soon!
Is it just me or do the 3d renderings on their configurator all seem pretty low-res? I like the concept a lot but I find it lagging quite a bit, and would at least appreciate the option of some good ol' hi-res pictures alongside the 3d stuff.
Sponsored