Sponsored

Anyone get your Rivian preorder gift / swag?

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I preordered the R1S in error. I asked to change to the R1T. I posted Rivian's response on another thread. Let me give it again. My deposit was made Nov 29 2018.

We can’t make the exchange internally currently. However, not to worry, as a preorder customer, you will be able to choose either the R1T or R1S in our vehicle configurator which will be live in late 2019. This will also secure your place in line.
Sponsored

Alan Burns

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Terrain, 1967 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
Very nice -- just like what I got when I preordered my Model 3 way back on March 2016. In both cases, they chose a drawing/rendering over a picture of their prototype, which is the right choice --- anyone can download a high-res pic of the R1T or R1U, print it, and frame it, but the rendering is more inspiring! I'll be checking my mail box tomorrow or day after (takes longer for mail to Hawaii...)
Reply:

I got my personalized letter of thanks and notice there are "some exciting things in store for our earliest customers." The artist's rendering was enclosed in a framable format. The delivery was March 28, my birthday, in Montana.

Alan

bathbunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 RWD LR, first-production
Reply:

I got my personalized letter of thanks and notice there are "some exciting things in store for our earliest customers." The artist's rendering was enclosed in a framable format. The delivery was March 28, my birthday, in Montana.

Alan
Got mine as well, also on March 28, in Hawaii. Slightly better done than the similar Model 3 rendering I got after my preorder way back in 2016.

shep706

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Nissan Pathfinder, BMW 8-series
Update 3/25/19:

@krcossin has posted the "something special" that Rivian had mentioned preorderers would be receiving - it's a signed letter by RJ Scaringe and a design sketch print. :like:

rivian-swag-032519-jpg.jpg

rivian-letter-032519-jpg.jpg

rivian-r1t-drawing-032519-jpg.jpg

Rivian previously said that all preorders would be receiving a special package in the new year. Has anyone received anything yet? I keep checking my mail.

Any guesses what the gift could be? o_O

Got mine (2) weeks ago...............

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Yea...got one...I guess that's nice, but I'd rather they spend my pre-order money on getting these things made and out to customers. I could care less about that kind of "swag". :no:

Sponsored

Aurum

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Dual Motor Max Pack
Obviously they are working as hard as they can and I think have a realistic time table. I’m sure that someone didn’t take a break from getting the factory ready in order to mail out the swag. If they did then they have some serious personnel issues! Haha.

MEKNEE

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Honda Civic, 2013 Honda accord, 2016 Corvette Z51, 2011 Cadillac EXT
Received mine a few days ago. I am hoping that Rivian has a business lease program.

Rivian1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
The letter and print are a nice gesture of gratitude, but I would prefer they save as much cash as they can and focus on getting the cars to us on-time and on-quality.

A nice surprise would have been the option to include a factory tour at delivery or a simple personalized metal plaque bolted to the engine or the interior on the dashboard with a nice personal thank you message from RJ.

Rockstar2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T pre-order, Ford Expedition, Dodge Hellcat
Note to Rivian marketing: Keep the print and send a Rivian T shirt or cap. Something people will wear in public and get the brand out there. I bet a lot of people would ask me what Rivian is when they saw it on my shirt or hat!

NOVA Realtor

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, E46 M3, Jeep TJ
I received the letter/ rendering as well. I pre ordered the day of the LA Auto show where they unveiled....wondering how many "early pre order " received this.

Anyone know...say ..first 500,100,5000 pre orders etc?

Just curious.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I received the letter/ rendering as well. I pre ordered the day of the LA Auto show where they unveiled....wondering how many "early pre order " received this.

Anyone know...say ..first 500,100,5000 pre orders etc?

Just curious.
I think all preorder customers receive them, including those that have done it very recently.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Note to Rivian marketing: Keep the print and send a Rivian T shirt or cap. Something people will wear in public and get the brand out there. I bet a lot of people would ask me what Rivian is when they saw it on my shirt or hat!
I might pop for this... $26.95 from CustmInk:

Rivian R1T R1S Anyone get your Rivian preorder gift / swag? t_shirt

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

A nice surprise would have been the option to include a factory tour at delivery
If I am not mistaken, this was mentioned by some that went to the ATL show. The investment from Cox Automotive will allow for the delivery of the vehicles OR if you would like to go to Normal to get your Rivian, a tour and such would be setup as part of the delivery. The specifics of the tour and factory delivery (at that time) were being worked out still. My wife was at it. I will ask her again.

Alan Burns

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Terrain, 1967 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
I was told in Seattle Cox would handle purchase paperwork, temporary licensing at Normal, vehicle financing and vehicle trade ins.

rconkling

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Durango, LEAF
If I am not mistaken, this was mentioned by some that went to the ATL show. The investment from Cox Automotive will allow for the delivery of the vehicles OR if you would like to go to Normal to get your Rivian, a tour and such would be setup as part of the delivery. The specifics of the tour and factory delivery (at that time) were being worked out still. My wife was at it. I will ask her again.
Does this mean I can take out of state delivery and avoid sales tax?
Sponsored