First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3 mini electric
Occupation
engineer
This morning, phone was dead, so I grabbed FOB, unlocked truck and plugged phone in to charge. Dropped FOB back inside (because I generally only use PAAK), returned to truck and phone was locked inside. Not a real problem for me this morning as I just go back and grab FOB to unlock, but wondering if there is a setting available to change this. Wouldn't want to somehow get in situation where phone is locked inside and no way to get in.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

Was the phone on after plugging it in? If not, it would not be acting as a PAAK, and the vehicle should lock when the fob is far enough away would be my expectation. I’m unsure if the Rivian app would be active after a dead phone battery and rebooting. If not, the phone won’t act as a PAAK

ThumprMN

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Professional
Clubs

Is this what you’re referring to? Changing the lock/unlock behavior for each type of pair device (PaaK’s & Fob’s)?

Rivian R1T R1S Locking phone inside/which key acts as master controller IMG_6242

Sponsored

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

Is this what you’re referring to? Changing the lock/unlock behavior for each type of pair device (PaaK’s & Fob’s)?

IMG_6242.jpeg
I'd never seen that before with the drop down, so thanks for posting. I had same question as OP in that I sometimes carry the FOB, Phone, and have the credit card key in my wallet. In those situations, not sure which one takes the lead in controlling the car. I've had issues with the lock/unlock and then start up after the previous update and sometimes the truck would not recognize the PAAK and ask me to put the credit card key up to the door panel to get it to go into Drive, even though I assumed the PAAk is what unlocked the door to get inside since it did it from 15 feet away. I've not been able to get the card to unlock the door without putting it right up against the door panel, so confused on why i was having issues in previous update. The current update seems to have solved this so far!

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Clubs

I had a situation yesterday where the car locked itself while I was in it, with the doors open, and I was installing a phone mount (so for sure I had my phone). I have no idea why, and it seemed like it wasn't long after I got in to do the job but not sure.
Sponsored